WHOOOOOOOOPS - Posted by Dave

Posted by Shawn MM on February 25, 2002 at 09:49:04:

After being gone for a few weeks from this board, I found my excitement waning. Now, thanks to Phil’s post, I’m excited about attending the convention this year, my first one.

Thanks!
Shawn MM

WHOOOOOOOOPS - Posted by Dave

Posted by Dave on February 23, 2002 at 14:13:59:

Can i get a some responses with some success stories from prior year Creonline Convention attendees.

I spent alot of money(suprised my wife) for two tickets this year for my wife and I to attend this year in Atlanta. Flying across country.
I want a good foundation to get started in REI.

Has the convention been a benefit to you? what is you investment portfolio like Now because of information learned at the convention? Does anybody have any passive income success stories to give?

I will share these posts with my wife to Hopefully shed some light her way that this convention is a benefit.

Thanks

Convention IS Worth It !!! - Posted by Scott Ashbaugh (MI)

Posted by Scott Ashbaugh (MI) on February 25, 2002 at 12:45:01:

Guys,

Convention is a great benefit if you are serious about your long term real estate business. One of the main questions new people have is “Who’s courses should I buy”? Well have breakfast with the guru, lunch, dinner, or hang out with them after the days lectures; yep, most of them actually do eat meals too…, I was surprised that they really were right there to learn from. The night where they set up the main auditorium and have all the gurus available in open mini-rooms is unbeleivable. You can sit and listen and ask questions of multi-millionaires, or succesful people in so many different areas, and I mean MANY different areas. Listen to all the different lecturers in many different areas of real estate investing. Who do you like? Where do you want to go now that you’ve heard different points of views? You will both be exposed to many different areas or directions that you couldn’t get any other way. Plus there’s one evening dinner where you are seated at tables by your state. You get to network and get to know people near where you’re from, maybe get your own little support group going, not to mention new friends. Also, have you ever attended a meeting WITHOUT your wife and tried to explain it to her afterwards? Not always fun or easy. With the two of you attending, you will both be exposed to many different avenues in real estate, and you know what? She will see and hear things that you’ll miss, and you’ll see and hear things that she’ll miss, now you’ll truly be a team, working together.

The most valuable things are the broad range of items and topics you’ll be exposed to, and then decide where you two want to take your business (and who might help you in those directions). I MUST STRESS THE TIME SPENT HANGING OUT IN THE SPORTS BAR/RESTAURANT AFTER THE DAYS EVENTS, and the “night of the gurus”. Even if you just listen in to the people who are doing this day in and day out, “the pro’s” the “full timers”. Their insights and points of view are unbelievably helpful. The other thing that amazed me were those who are very, VERY SERIOUS about their business! Those that are doing 10 to 15 deals A MONTH, those who own 1,000 houses! Just to get the exposure to people who aren’t just creating another “J-O-B” but are truly creating a business and investments that dwarf many of our previous dreams, you begin to undertand just how much this new chosen field has to offer and how far you can take it. The great thing too is that every year there are new stories, newer techniques and updates. I hope to attend every year so I keep growing.

Best wishes to you both!

Re: WHOOOOOOOOPS - Posted by Robert McNeely

Posted by Robert McNeely on February 24, 2002 at 09:09:08:

This will be my 5th. convention. One of the best things is getting to see and talk to other investors in person.

Re: WHOOOOOOOOPS - Posted by phil fernandez

Posted by phil fernandez on February 23, 2002 at 17:53:07:

Dave,

Excellent decision to attend the upcoming CREOnline Convention in Atlanta. This one will be my fourth.

I went into the Dallas 1999 convention as a really bored old real estate investor who was happy with where I was, but wanted to get fired up again. And from that convention I did. From that convention went home and bought a $70,000 house for $3,500 cash. That’s not a typo either. A month later bought the house next door to that one for $18,000. It is also worth $70,000. That one was a foreclosure.

Then I bought a duplex valued at $80,000 for $52,000 from the REO dept. of a local small bank. The bank even painted the inside of the two units for me.

Later that summer I put a preforeclosure deal together with the same bank for $43,000. Today the house is worth $80,000. The bank gave me the $43,000 to buy the property. Now that’s a no money down deal. As I recall with the way the prorations broke I actually got a little money back.

Then I bought a small mobile home park and got owner financing at 0% interest for 5 years.

So by going to the CREONline Convention, these are some of the better deals I’ve done thanks to the renewed energy that I received by attending. This post is not intended to brag it is just an illustration of what can happen when one gets excited again. And the CREOnline Convention can do just that.

Re: WHOOOOOOOOPS - Posted by Bill Taylor

Posted by Bill Taylor on February 25, 2002 at 19:14:53:

Phil your story and mine could not be more similiar. I was that same old tired investor back in 1999. I had been investing for 18 yrs at that time. Boy did that convention flip on some lights for me. I didn’t realize how much I ws missing til then. I will not brag either jsut to say read my success story. I can’t come this year due to a family spring break that I will be attending with my last one at home, he graduates this year and I won’t miss any time I can get with him. Thats the nicest thing about this business is the freedom that it offers. I do plan on attending from now on I hate to miss but in this case it is a personal priority. have a great time I will miss being there to shoot the sh–.

Great Post - Posted by Frank Chin

Posted by Frank Chin on February 24, 2002 at 08:52:46:

Hi Phil:

I just signed up for the convention. Yeh, and I’m a bored old real estate investor, looking to get fired up again.

I’m glad the 1999 convention did so much to kick up your RE potential. Looking forward to seeing you and others like you.

Frank Chin

Looking Forward To Meeting You Frank - Posted by phil fernandez

Posted by phil fernandez on February 24, 2002 at 09:20:21:

The convention is great to get you excited again. The ideas and techniques that you will be exposed to will get your mind thinking creatively again. I know that’s what happened to me after the 1999 convention.

And you will run into people that are involved in the same piece of the real estate business as you who will shed new light on how we operate. Maybe they do it with a slightly different twist here or a tweek there.

It’ll be another great time. I’m sure.