Who's a real Pro? - Posted by John Behle

Posted by Lynn (AL) on January 29, 1999 at 14:43:36:

John,

Sorry to hear about your heart problems. Hope it wasn’t anything serious. I was just afraid the book had gotten lost in the mail.

Take care of yourself so you can be back with us more.

Lynn (AL)

Who’s a real Pro? - Posted by John Behle

Posted by John Behle on January 14, 1999 at 18:38:29:

Who out there is a real discounting pro that wants a bargain? Is it you?

For almost 20 years I’ve tried to make my materials as simple as possible. Frankly, it’s hard and for me very boring. The basics of paper put me to sleep. I nearly went into a comma in the CCIM courses while everyone else was in tears over using their calculator.

Yet, it needs to be basic, simple and understandable - without losing the advanced creative edge. So advanced that a well known couple that instruct in paper investment made the comment a couple years ago that after 8 years in the business, the business had not even come close to the advanced principles they’d learned from me when they began the business. That’s the good news.

The bad news is I lost perspective on the basics so long ago, it’s hard to remember what I didn’t know and when I learned it. The late 70’s and early 80’s are a blurr to me. On top of that, we’ve had fires, computer crashes and an occasional secretary that didn’t type too well.

What that leaves me with is a few errors that have crept into the calculations occasionally and even a section or two that I go back to and have to read two or three times to figure out where the advanced calculations came from.

Anyway, I’d rather finish my books on “Finding Paper” and “Risk Management” then go back with a fine tooth comb verifying and simplifying calculations - In addition to more note business in my local market than I can get a handle on.

So, If you’re good with the calculator (discounting and time value of money) and have a basic grasp of paper - I’ll make you a deal.

A free copy of The Paper Game book. Edit it, review it and give any suggestions to help it be as user friendly as possible and it’s yours. Return that one (for an updated copy) and help out with another book. If you’re game, to help make The Paper Game and other materials an even better resource than the powerful influence they have been so far, email me at jbehle@lgcy.com and we’ll talk.

Re: Who’s a real Pro? - Posted by Lynn (AL)

Posted by Lynn (AL) on January 28, 1999 at 20:37:24:

John,

After first seeing this post, I contacted you. After some e-mails back and forth, you said that I would be receiving “The Paper Game” in a few days, in order to help you. This was 2 weeks ago, and I have not received it. I’ve e-mailed you asking if it had been mailed, but haven’t heard from you.

Are you still needing me to help check the figures? If so, when will I be receiving this material?

Lynn Henley

Re: Who’s a real Pro? - Posted by Richard S. Benthal

Posted by Richard S. Benthal on January 19, 1999 at 16:28:24:

I am a Licensed Mortgage Broker from South Florida who to be honest has only done a few paper deals for my own investment. I am just a beginner in purchasing notes and would like to learn as much as I can. I have read several books on the subject and would love to help you with your book. Thanks Rick

Re: Who’s a real Pro? - Posted by richard

Posted by richard on January 19, 1999 at 08:54:43:

Greetings. Ihave recently(1/17/99) stumbled into this fascinating pioneership. The discovery of this site is like finding a diamond in the rough! As I learn ,Iwill share. As with most people I am unable to afford the loss of money(seminarmercials) and time while growing. This site is a wealth of resources and honest sharing that road maps you to productive learning and growth. Thankyou.

Thanks for the responses - Posted by John Behle

Posted by John Behle on January 18, 1999 at 10:06:24:

I’ve had many responses and will have to narrow it down and select just a couple.

Re: Who’s a real Pro? - Posted by Stacy (AZ)

Posted by Stacy (AZ) on January 15, 1999 at 01:57:08:

Anyone who hasn’t already ordered “The Paper Game” had better take John up on this offer. Since I’ve been reading, watching, and learning, I’ve realized what a tremendous resource I’ve lucked into in John. There’s no excuse, John is offering you sweat equity!!!

Nice offer, John!

Stacy

Re: Who’s a real Pro? - Posted by John Behle

Posted by John Behle on January 29, 1999 at 14:35:52:

I’ve had heart trouble for most of the last few weeks, please be patient.