Who's the best??? - Posted by Nancy

Posted by Scott (AK) on May 02, 2000 at 23:22:11:

Craig,

I didn’t say it was wrong to sell tapes, everyone knows I have my share.

My point was the origanal post asked fopr info from someone DOING it today in the real world. From what i see, that’s the folks I mentioned.

If we read things like Robert Allen’s “Multiple Streams of Income” and “Niche Marketing” by Gordon Burgett, we know that Infopreneuring is a wave of the future, especially with the advantages of the Internet.

So no, it’s not wrong. But I have found that VERY few people offer anything new and the ones that do are the ones I see in the trenches today.

Most of the folks running around the country on the seminar circuit and peddling the tapes and things are just selling the same information in a little different package.

In my opinion, want things that work today, get the tips from people buying and selling today.

Craig, thanks for posting and believe me, I’m not discounting his experience, I use a few of his lines frequently myself.

Happy Investing,

Scott (AK)

Who’s the best??? - Posted by Nancy

Posted by Nancy on May 02, 2000 at 12:27:55:

I see a lot of authors mentioned on this site. Who is the best in terms of a reasonably priced program that explains real world scenarios? I don’t want fantasy like Sheets or DelDado. I want to learn from someone who actually buys property and doesn’t make a living from peddling tapes.

thanks.

I am! - Posted by Jim IL

Posted by Jim IL on May 02, 2000 at 13:13:04:

Wait, you were asking who the best course author is?
OOPS!
Thought you meant something else.
Sorry, I am in a rather strange mood today! Õ¿Õ
Anyway,
The courses offered here are all good.
Each contain different approaches, and some are better for certain things.
They are after all written by different people.
But, rest assured, if it is trash, J.P. and Terry would NOT offer it for sale here.
I have many of the courses offered here myself and have no complaints on any one of them.
All have made me money and still do.
I keep them all lined on a shelf in my office and refer to them on occassion.

Decide what type of investing it is that you want to do, and then post here and ask again.
Also, try to read the course descriptions here.
They offer insight into what each one offers and includes.
Frankly, I like Legrand, Bronchick and Kaiser, but all for different reasons.
Legrand seems to offer some REAL BASIC “how to” and can get you making deals quickly.
Kaiser for me was HELPFUL with marketing, and finding deals. Joe seems to be the type of guy that finds a system and then learns the BEST way to make it work for you. (as in pulling eviction files to find sellers for L/O’s etc.)

And, Bronchik, he seems to offer the BEST CYA in any course. He is a lawyer after all, and everything I have read of his gets the deals done, but also covers your assets well with his ideas and paper work.

So, as you can see, each of these authors offers something different. And yet, they all work well together.
After a time of investing, you will develope your own little “System” for doing deals.
These courses will help you define what works for you.
You should see my contracts and forms.
They are a mixture of different ideas from many course, books and my head.

they work for me.

HTH,
Jim IL

Jim, You Must Have Missed… - Posted by Scott (AK)

Posted by Scott (AK) on May 02, 2000 at 15:40:20:

part of the criteria.

She wants to learn from someone who isn’t making a living selling tapes. I say that leaves Legrand out.

But with Joe Kaiser and Bill Bronchick, you are right on the money.

I don’t think you can get much more “in the trenches” then you can with Joe.

That’s my advice, Kaiser and Bronchick.

Just thought I’d point it out, you know in this business you need to be detailed and I thought you missed the detail about the tapes, lol

Hope this helps,

Scott

Re: Jim, You Must Have Missed…About LeGrand… - Posted by Mel

Posted by Mel on May 07, 2000 at 22:48:08:

All I can say is that Ive met dozens of professional investors and all the most successful ones use Rons methods, usually along with others. I know that he probably doesnt do it anymore, but I would bet that if he decided to, he would have no problem doing a few deals. In my opinion (and many others) his stuff is the best.

PS
Does everyone know that he has a book that you can buy for about $30. Its called “Quick turn Real Estate”. It is probably worth its wieght in gold. (NO I dont know where to get it, I got mine @ a REIA meeting in JAX FL).

Bottom Line
“If you think education is expensive, try ignorance.”

Re: Jim, You Must Have Missed… - Posted by Craig

Posted by Craig on May 02, 2000 at 21:27:58:

I would Include an investor that has bought and sold over 1200 properties. Ron LeGrand did that. How can selling tapes be wrong when they are teaching what a guy like this did successfully for years?

Re: Jim, You Must Have Missed… - Posted by eric

Posted by eric on May 02, 2000 at 20:22:32:

Just one comment about LeGrand, since he gets talked up a lot. Once when seeing him speak, he said, “how many people think there’s a lot of money buying and selling houses?” A lot of hands went up. Then, he asked, “How many think there’s a lot of money in selling books in tapes?” Even more hands went up, along with a few chuckles. Then he said, “If that’s true, then what do you think you ought to be doing?” Although I doubt Ron goes househunting too much anymore, I have to admire his honesty about it. And, I do think that a lot of people in his office still buy and sell houses. If there’s anything I think one can learn from LeGrand nowadays, it’s Marketing. It’s critical to success in any business, and Ron is a master at it. I think if one emulated his example in this regard, they would be very happy with the results.