Why aren't foreclosure notices posted on the internet? - Posted by george

Posted by Bill K. (AZ) on May 03, 2000 at 17:55:04:

Bill,

I don’t know what you’re driving at with your question, but I work preforeclosures 100% of the time. It pays the bills for me.

Bill K. (AZ)

Why aren’t foreclosure notices posted on the internet? - Posted by george

Posted by george on May 02, 2000 at 19:23:09:

Why aren’t foreclosure notices posted on the internet? I realize the law requires they be posted in a newpaper of general circulation but shouldn’t that be changed?

So you have the notice-- Now what? - Posted by Bill K. - FL

Posted by Bill K. - FL on May 03, 2000 at 16:36:44:

Getting all the info is the easy part. Getting them to do something is the hard part. How many on this site have actually profited from pre-foreclosures and consider the profit potential to be so good they are doing them 100% of the time?

And why don’t they give the address??? - Posted by SteveA (FL)

Posted by SteveA (FL) on May 03, 2000 at 10:22:11:

The notices I’ve read are cryptic! How do you easily find the street address from the notice?

They Are!!! - Posted by DanM(OR)

Posted by DanM(OR) on May 03, 2000 at 09:48:42:

George,

I would call your county clerk and ask them if the records are online.

I live in a fairly small city, only 50,000 resident, and there are two ways for me to find the foreclosure notices.

1. The local newspapers are online and you just have to go through the public notices section.

2. The county clerk records are all online. So, not only can I find the Notice of Default I can also find other records such as a substitution of trustee notice, which often precludes a NOD.

Best of luck to you!

Dan Matejsek

Re: Why aren’t foreclosure notices posted on the internet? - Posted by Bill K. - FL

Posted by Bill K. - FL on May 03, 2000 at 08:41:32:

Find out which publications publish them now in your area. It could be a legal newspaper that publishes all court actions. Then see if they are on the web. Eventually everything will be on the internet. Save a tree!

Re: Why aren’t foreclosure notices posted on the internet? - Posted by Sue

Posted by Sue on May 02, 2000 at 22:45:24:

Alot of newspapers are on the web now and you can search them including the classifieds. Might be worth a try!

Re: Why aren’t foreclosure notices posted on the internet? - Posted by JoelD(WI)

Posted by JoelD(WI) on May 02, 2000 at 20:24:16:

Funny you should ask, I was just looking into that myself. You probably know this already but there seem to be a lot of services you can pay a monthly charge and get access to these. I don’t know which ones are good and which ones aren’t though - does anyone else have any experience with these services?

Re: Why aren’t foreclosure notices posted on the internet? - Posted by eric

Posted by eric on May 02, 2000 at 20:12:48:

Ok, I’ll take a stab at this one. I think the real reason is probably just government beauracracy (sp?). Governments move slow, and probably aren’t going to do anything “high tech” until they are forced into it. As it is, plenty of interest is generated in daily auctions through newspaper ads and public records alone anyway. Most properties that actually go up for foreclosure are over-leveraged, and are sold back to the bank for $100. The few that are not are always bid on by multiple investors, at least in my locale. In addition, I estimate that if counties changed and used the Internet instead of the newspaper for foreclusure notices, it would take approximately 3.4 seconds before all kinds of civil activist groups came out of the woodwork going on about the “digital divide” and so forth, arguing that this made the information accessible only to higher-income demographic types. Of course, the reverse argument would be that that’s exactly where they should be, since foreclosure auctions require cash, but I’m sure that the average bureaucrat would just as soon not get involved in a heated debate about it. Finally, although I wouldn’t look for the notices to be put on the Internet any time soon, more counties are placing their public records on the net every day, and you can always derive sale dates by researching those.

Re: Foreclosures are posted…but - Posted by Joe Bowman

Posted by Joe Bowman on May 06, 2000 at 01:23:47:

There are foreclosures posted on the internet but most of the real current sites are pay sites. I happen to be involved with one of those sites in the Ft. Lauderdale area, so I can speak from the pratical point of view. IT COSTS MONEY TO DO RESEARCH AND FORECLOSURES HAPPEN EVERY DAY SO GOOD DATA MUST ONTINUALLY BE UPDATED. You will probably want more data than is published in the local newspaper. Most internet sites are not updated daily or weekly. Foreclosure info must be updated constantly, and the research has to be done by “hand”. You will find foreclosures to be profitable and that GOOD data is priceless and well worth what ever it costs to get. Good luck!