Why I Go To The CREOnline Convention - Posted by phil fernandez

Posted by phil fernandez on January 22, 2000 at 09:21:32:

Hi Steve,

I can identify successfull creative real estate investors when I see them. See you at the convention.

Why I Go To The CREOnline Convention - Posted by phil fernandez

Posted by phil fernandez on January 21, 2000 at 13:15:14:

As many of you know I’m a big booster of the CREOnline convention. Still kicking myself for not attending the 1st one in Vegas in 1998. But I didn’t make the same mistake and went to the 2nd one in Dallas.

Where can you listen to Ten of the leading creative real estate experts in the country at a single seminar. You can’t.

How would you like to be able to shoot the breeze with an experienced investor like Jim Piper, one on one.

Or how bout hanging out witha lot of the chatroom regulars like Dan Fink, karp, David Segars and the like.

Or how bout having lunch with Millie and her husband talking about her real estate business, both rentals and rehabs.

Or asking John Behle a question about paper or having Ed Garcia get in your face telling you its all attitude.

Hey its a great time also putting the names and faces together.

That’s why I go to the convention. And I hope you go to. If you make an excuse to not attend, are you really serious about making money with real estate??

Phil, you get to meet strangers at the airport also! :slight_smile: - Posted by SCook85

Posted by SCook85 on January 22, 2000 at 07:04:28:

Don’t let Phil fool you.

He already knows what all of you look like.

At last years convention Dan Fink and I agreed to meet Phil Fernandez at the airport to share a cab. We were in a group of a few hundred people getting our bags when some guy started hollering across the room pointing at me and Dan. I had never seen the guy before- Sure enough it was Phil. We had a great time from that point on.

The first night we had the opportunity to meet Jim Piper, JP, Terry, Ed Garcia, David Segars. During the convention I was able to meet people like Dirk, Scott Britton, Rober Kiyosaki, Jon Burley, John Behle, Lonnie Scruggs, Ron Legrand, Karl Hartley (Karp), and the list goes on.

I still haven’t even mentioned all the friendships that I developed with people such as Jerry Greer, Jeremy Amsden, Sandy from Florida, Art Montano, Hal (HR), Paris, Tarun, Marlene, Christine and the list goes on.

I remember the hotel staff asking if everyone knew each other, they stated “we have never seen such a large group of people come together from all over (the world) and get along as if they knew each other all their lives”

The convention is not a weekend experience! The memories, knowledge and relationships last a lifetime.

Happy Investing!

Steve Cook

You’re right…I’ll sure miss it! - Posted by Stacy (AZ)

Posted by Stacy (AZ) on January 21, 2000 at 14:43:12:

I agree, Phil, nice post. I made it to the first two, and would make it to this one if it was possible. There’s nothing like the feeling, when all the fun is over, and you return home from the convention PUMPED-UP and ready to get it on! Nothing like it.

Stacy

You KNOW that I’ll be there! - Posted by d.henderson

Posted by d.henderson on January 21, 2000 at 13:59:58:

Can’t wait!!! My first convention was in Arlington, I just got back online after a lapse of 6 months and saw the banner ad and thought why not? Got my reservation late and just squeaked in. My mind was absolutely blown! Never before had I heard anything like it, these people freely giving of themselves in the round table discussions. I couldn’t go to sleep and couldn’t wait for the next day. In all the years that I have been going to school, NEVER have I had the education that I got in THREE days! OUTSTANDING.
I might not sound like much to some but because of that one convention and this board, I’ve done 5 new deals and changed from becoming a Landlord (which I hated) to having my properties almost on auto pilot.
Borrow or Beg the money, but go. Your life will never be the same. And quoting Martha Stewart It’s a good thing Big Smile
SEE EVERYONE THERE
Dee-Texas