Why invest in commercial real estate - Posted by john

Posted by Richard on March 30, 2006 at 22:59:17:

Later (~9pm Eastern) is better for me.

Why invest in commercial real estate - Posted by john

Posted by john on March 14, 2006 at 17:56:09:

Okay,

So I want to know from the gang, why invest in commerical real estate? What do you like about it personally? Is it better than residential? What types of deals keep you motivated in this business?

Just me! - Posted by Bill Taylor

Posted by Bill Taylor on March 14, 2006 at 21:22:19:

I have been in the residential real estate business for the last 26 years so I am speaking from only my experience. Residential hard to control expenses and those expenses eat up the profits. The property taxes in our area have gone through the roof and just another area that is hard to control. We hae been investing in NNN since September so little experience so far but what we have done so far is better than our residential. We are about to close on a 30000 sq. ft center tomorrow that is 10% occupied so I am a bit concerned at this point but it is in a area of great growth so I hope we are part of it. I also like the long term leases in commecial rather than those residential that are here today and gone tomorrow. I am still learning and with guys like Ray and Tom(another new investor in this) I am learning. Anybody wnat to set a time to go over to the chatroom tomorrow nite and go private maybe about 9PM Indianapolis time. YOu might need to check your timezone comparably. I will lsit another spot on here as a newe post.

Re: Just me! - Posted by dave(TX)

Posted by dave(TX) on March 15, 2006 at 10:44:50:

Bill,
I would like to join you in the chatroom tonight and kind of pick your brains abit. let me know if it is still on.
PS do i need a special password?

Re: Just me! - Posted by Bill Taylor

Posted by Bill Taylor on March 15, 2006 at 21:36:35:

Missed you at the chatroom, didn’t I. WE were there but not amny others. maybe we can do it another time keep watching for anohter time on this board.

Regular meeting in chat room for commercial RE - Posted by Nancy

Posted by Nancy on March 18, 2006 at 18:33:39:

I’d love to join the chat… Is there a regular time were the commecial related chat is going on? if not we can start one??

Nancy

Re: Regular meeting in chat room for commercial RE - Posted by Bill

Posted by Bill on March 18, 2006 at 19:42:44:

I would really like to get something going so we can talk freely and learn some things quickly. I have had some rally good posts here with some great answers. Maybe we can do something on Wed. nights.

Re: Regular meeting in chat room for commercial RE - Posted by Nancy

Posted by Nancy on March 18, 2006 at 21:09:21:

Great… shall we make it every Wednesday starting at 8pm Eastern time?? how does that sound?