Why Use A Contractor When You Plan to Flip - Posted by Lynn Johnson

Posted by Nate(DC) on July 11, 2001 at 24:05:47:

Look at it this way, if you got a professional home inspector to do it, it would be anywhere from $200 to $400. If the guy comes out and spends an hour, I’d think at least $100 would be appropriate, especially if you make several thousand on the deal!

NT

Why Use A Contractor When You Plan to Flip - Posted by Lynn Johnson

Posted by Lynn Johnson on July 10, 2001 at 12:49:12:

your contract? How do you explain this to contractors/handyman if you simply need them to look at the property and tell you how much it’s going to cost to rehab the property, so that you will be able to inform the rehabber how much it’s going to cost to fixup. Do I get it under contract, and then allow the rehabber’s contractor to look at the property? I simply do not want contractors to get the impression that their wasting their time dealing with me if I’m not going to actually hire them to rehab the properties. What’s the best way to deal with this when flipping properties?

Thanks for advice.

Re: Why Use A Contractor When You Plan to Flip - Posted by Allan (SATX)

Posted by Allan (SATX) on July 10, 2001 at 19:07:50:

Pay the man, his time is worth something.

Allan

You are - Posted by Brent_IL

Posted by Brent_IL on July 10, 2001 at 17:33:24:

You are wasting their time in dealing with you if you’re not going to actually hire them to rehab the properties.

Buy Steve Cook’s course to learn how to ballpark the repairs by yourself. Just a thought.

How much should I pay a contractor - Posted by Lynn Johsnon

Posted by Lynn Johsnon on July 10, 2001 at 22:15:29:

for his time?