Wild Deed - Posted by Candy

Posted by Rob FL on September 18, 2004 at 11:12:01:

Quiet Title costs a minimum of about $1500 in Florida. I would start at trying to track down the Grantees, possibly by knocking on their front door.

Wild Deed - Posted by Candy

Posted by Candy on September 17, 2004 at 16:51:56:

Can anyone tell me what a “Wild Deed” is?
I am in Calif., how was someone able to file a Wild Deed
on a property and invade the title?
How can it be removed? Is there a time frame?
FYI: this is a foreclosure property.

any help or suggestions, most appreciated!

Re: Wild Deed - Posted by Rob FL

Posted by Rob FL on September 17, 2004 at 21:33:54:

Normally a wild deed happens when there is a typo in the legal description. The title company accidentally records a deed reading “Lot 189” instead of “Lot 198”. This clouds the title to Lot 189. The way to fix the problem is to get the Grantees of the wild deed to sign a quit-claim deed releasing any interest they might have.

Re: Wild Deed - Posted by Dave T

Posted by Dave T on September 17, 2004 at 17:43:13:

According to my Real Estate Glossary, a Wild Deed is an improperly recorded deed.

I would guess that there is an incomplete chain of title issue where the deed in question can not be clearly linked back to the chain of previous owners. If this is a latent defect discovered in a title search, then this deed may be called a wild deed because it probably should not have been recorded.

A title insurer might not issue a policy for this property. How this might affect your purchase depends upon the title company and your lender. You can certainly purchase with your own cash and forego owner’s title insurance, but would you want to?

Not sure that this helps you.

or "Bring Suit to Quite Title…nt - Posted by Joe C. (AR)

Posted by Joe C. (AR) on September 17, 2004 at 22:46:43:

Re: Wild Deed - Posted by rdla

Posted by rdla on September 17, 2004 at 21:13:40:

If wild deed is not supposed to be there, it can be cleared.
If the title co. cannot suggest how to clear it and they will not insure your deal then you should find another property.
That is the reason title isurance is there for.On my transactions I feel comfortable if there is a lender loaning me on the deal, if they risk 80 to 90 % of the money, I am sure they will see to it that my
transaction is well secured.
NO title insurance no deal that is how I feel about it. Title insurance is a must together with escrow or closing agent depending in the area where you are.
If the seller is avoiding title insurance coverage i will be very cautious to proceed.
RDLA