Will this work............? - Posted by WilliamGA

Posted by phil fernandez on January 22, 2001 at 17:12:27:

Hi William,

Nice talking to you in the chatroom the other night.

Now, of course, I’m not from PA., so you’re going to want to call areal estate attorney in that state, but in my state the notary can also be the witness. So you may be OK, but please do check the rules in PA.

Will this work…? - Posted by WilliamGA

Posted by WilliamGA on January 22, 2001 at 15:41:50:

Got a question for you PA Investors.

Lady called on a preforeclosure deal, set to go to auction 1st Tue in Feb. She and her husband have divorced and he is living in PA now. I told her that it would be alot easier to handle this if he would quit claim to her so she could sign all the docs for me.

I called him and much to my surprise, he agreed.

I Airborne him a QCD along with another Airborne pak to send it back. I get it back today all signed and notarized but the notary also signed in the witness space as well as signing as notary.

Is this acceptable in PA?

I don’t want to have a problem in a couple of years when I try to sell this place and the title co tells me that the QCD is no good.

Any of you guys know about this type situation?

Thanks in advance,

WilliamGA
www.4RentToOwn.com

Follow up… - Posted by WilliamGA

Posted by WilliamGA on January 23, 2001 at 10:07:50:

Spoke with my RE atty this am. He verifies what David says. In GA you have to have a notary AND a witness.

I sent this guy a letter explaining in detail how to get this deed signed off on and it comes back wrong anyway. My atty says it happens 90% of the time on deeds he sends off as well.

Oh well, where did I put those Airborne paks…

nope… - Posted by David S

Posted by David S on January 22, 2001 at 20:39:42:

HI William,

It appears that the house is in Georgia, not PA.
A legal deed in Georgia is requied to have the signature of the seller (or legal rep), one unofficial witness, and a Notary Public.

That’s 3 separate, unrelated signatures. Could be a cloud. Ask your atty.

David S

Re: The notary is a witness (nt) - Posted by Ed Copp (OH)

Posted by Ed Copp (OH) on January 22, 2001 at 18:28:23:

Works in NY too. (nt) - Posted by Paul_MA

Posted by Paul_MA on January 22, 2001 at 17:49:24:

x