WND MORTGAGES - Posted by Gary

Posted by Mike Daly (GA) on March 25, 2002 at 19:53:03:

If you can’t contact her at all, I’d say your best bet would be to sue for a judgement. Once you win a judgement, you can garnish her paycheck or go after her other assets (if she has any.) You could also file for foreclosure, but if the property actually goes to auction you risk the bidding not going high enough to pay you off, unless you’re willing to bid and possibly buy the property yourself.

Hopefully just filing suit will get her attention and get her paying again (after you add in a reinstatement fee in addition to late fees.) If she is in serious financial trouble and files bankruptcy, there’s probably not much you can do.

WND MORTGAGES - Posted by Gary

Posted by Gary on March 25, 2002 at 15:47:02:

Could I impose upon someone who is up on mortgage rules send me an e-mail of guidance please. I sold a house to a woman who could not qualify for the entire loan. To make the deal work I had to take back a 2nd mortgage - not very large - about $3,000. She has been paying on that note for about 15 months now and all of a sudden stopped paying and I cannot contact her. Since the note I hold is subordinate to the 1st mortgage, (and I am assuming she is paying that, but am not sure) - what options do I have to force her to pay? I am thinking of contacting the main lein holder to see if they are interested.

Thank you to whoever takes the time to give me some advice.