Wobbly Boxes in Northeast Tennessee... - Posted by soapymac

Posted by bwhite-tn on April 22, 2000 at 17:56:35:


Check with your local insurance companies.
These are performance bonds usually sold by commercial
insurance companies.
Also check out insurancebutler.com they are in
Brentwood just south of Nashville.
Hope this helps.

Good Investing

Wobbly Boxes in Northeast Tennessee… - Posted by soapymac

Posted by soapymac on April 21, 2000 at 09:50:21:

Anybody doing them in the Tri-Cities area (Bristol, Kingsport, Johnson City)?

Rather than re-invent the wheel, could anyone help me by giving me a path to walk with regard to local laws and licensing requirements?


Roy MacLean

Re: Wobbly Boxes in Northeast Tennessee… - Posted by Todd B.

Posted by Todd B. on April 21, 2000 at 23:18:40:

I’m just getting started in Southeast TN so I’ll share what I’ve found out so far. You can get an application for a license to sell MH’s from the State at this address:

State of Tennessee
Department of Commerce and Insurance
500 James Robertson Parkway
Nashville, TN 37243-1160

An easier way to get one is the way I did it. Go down to the State office Building (probably in Johnson City) and visit the Department of C&I. They won’t have any on hand, but they can call Nashville and have them send you one. They also sent me the section of the TCA that has to do with MH’s, which tells you what the laws are exactly. That was pretty helpful.

It costs $40 to apply, and you have to be bonded for $20,000. There is a line on there for your lot address, but there was nothing mentioned in the Code about needing to have one. I’m gonna try my home address and see if that works. I don’t know what it takes be bonded because I can’t figure out where you do that. I looked in the phone book, but all I can find are Bail Bondsmen. I still have while till my corp is set up, so I’ll deal with it then.

Hope that helps,