Wooo Hoo !! I DID IT !! THANK YOU ALL !!!! - Posted by Chromefox (New Orleans)

Posted by DEALING DAVE on December 23, 1999 at 21:33:09:

NO CONGRATS FOR ME–IT IS CHROMEFOX HOW HAD THE OUTSTANDING DEAL GO THOUGH

Wooo Hoo !! I DID IT !! THANK YOU ALL !!! - Posted by Chromefox (New Orleans)

Posted by Chromefox (New Orleans) on December 23, 1999 at 18:04:33:

Forgive the typos because i’m typing really fast !

I just want to thank everyone who shares info on this awesome site that inspires others to go out and make things happen !
I’ve been lurking on this site for over a year or so, but i’ve been really afraid to jump in feet first and swing a deal.

Well…
Last month, I finally got the gumption to try some of the tactics i’ve seen on this site. So… I rode around and called every last For Sale By Owner sign I came across, just to see what the owners wanted to do. I came across a single family home located in a part of town that’s been having lots of renovations latly. Most of the houses sell for 65,000 or so in the area. The nice gent who owned it was renting the house up until 3 years ago, when his tenant passed away. He put it up for sale with a realtor, but it never sold. For the past year, it’s been on the market FSBO. All this house needed was paint and landscaping and a few other minor upgrades. The yard was in shambles and it looked like a dump to the casual viewer. It took about TEN phone calls to finally track this guy down, but I took that as a good sign. I figured if I was having so much trouble finding him, others were haviong trouble also. I had a feeling that the person who got in touch with him might have a shot at a sweet deal. After talking to him on the phone, I met him at the house. I walked though it and I asked him how much he wanted, and he said make him an offer. He hinted that he was moving to Arizona at the end of the year, so i told him I’d give him 15,000 cash. He LAUGHED in my face. He said , “Junior (I’m 25) I’ma gonna needa me more than that.” . Then he told me that he would not take a penny LESS than 20,000 !! He just wanted to be through with the dang thing. He told me that he paid 20,000 dollars for it many, many years ago, and he just needed to get his money back. My heart was thumping as I filled out a purchase agreement. I always see posts from people on this newsgroup who find deals, and could’nt believe that I was gonna be one of those people ! After all of the inspections turned out okay, I called a pal of mine ( a realtor) and told him that i had a property for sale. I told him if he sold it, I’d give him his 3% commission. I also told him that if he sold it before Y2K, I’d give him a thousand dollar bonus. Good old Clyde had me a fully qualified buyer in less than a week. He ALWAYS has a bunch of clients, so i figured I’d throw him a little business for the holiday season so that he’d help me out in the future. Anyway… after some paint, a new stove, nice landscaping, new garage door, a dishwasher and a steam cleaning for the carpet. I walked out of a sale today with a check for almost 39,000 !

I Finaly Did it ! My First deal ! It took me 15 months to get 39,000 ! I’ve never had this kind of money, and Christmas is gonna be dandy. Credit cards will be paid. No more student loan ! I can’t wait to find my next deal. I have so much confidence now and i’m kicking myself for not jumping into this monthe ago! For anyone who is scared or nervous… DON’T BE !!! Get out there and make it happen. Ask questions and READ EVERYTHING and things will become clearer. I’ve emailed many people on this site and they have all had nothing but words of encouragement for me ! Happy Holidays To all and Go Get them DEALs !!!

Thanks !!!

-ChromeFox

Congratulations on an inspirational post!! - Posted by SusanL.–FL

Posted by SusanL.–FL on December 27, 1999 at 13:53:09:

You ‘made the move’ when it was the right time (for you)!

Bet you couldn’t wait to get back out there and pound the pavement for your NEXT deal!!! :slight_smile:

Re: Wooo Hoo !! I DID IT !! THANK YOU ALL !!! - Posted by Pavon Bailey

Posted by Pavon Bailey on December 26, 1999 at 16:21:54:

Chromefox, congratulations on your first deal!!! That $39K check must be pretty nice, especially around Xmas. I noticed that you reside in New Orleans, or you’re from there at least. Listen, I’m starting out this new investing game and I can really use some more pointers from you…or anyone!! One is never too old to learn. Anyway, I’m browsing through the classified ads and I’m trying to work out a deal for a nice 3/2 home in eastern New Orleans. Seller is motivated. if you have any pointers about what I can do, I’d greatly appreciate it. thanks to you and to all the CREOnline staff for all the motivation and information.

Pavon

Re: Wooo Hoo !! I DID IT !! THANK YOU ALL !!! - Posted by Liz

Posted by Liz on December 24, 1999 at 12:31:37:

Congratulations. I am still trying to find my first sweet deal. I am scared, but you have given me some hope. Merry Christimas and Happy New Year. Go for the others and much success.
Liz

Re: Wooo Hoo !! I DID IT !! THANK YOU ALL !!! - Posted by Bill K. - - FL

Posted by Bill K. - - FL on December 23, 1999 at 21:58:29:

Did you say that was your first deal? I can just imagine what the tenth deal will be. You sound like you’re well on your way. I think if you can simplify it to knowledge, perseverence, guts and doing it your way. I think I’ll find a few Fsbos myself.

Re: Wooo Hoo !! I DID IT !! THANK YOU ALL !!! - Posted by DEALING DAVE

Posted by DEALING DAVE on December 23, 1999 at 19:47:51:

WAY TO GO — I KNOW YOU WILL HAVE A MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR :wink:

CONGRATS!! - Posted by steph in tex

Posted by steph in tex on December 23, 1999 at 18:10:56:

Good job!
The hardest part is over…
go out there and knock em dead!

steph in tex

Re: Wooo Hoo !! I DID IT !! THANK YOU ALL !!! - Posted by Jim LaVerdi

Posted by Jim LaVerdi on December 23, 1999 at 21:06:45:

Congratulations Dave!

I am a newbie too. I have been studying real estate investing since August and I am active in trying to make my first deal. Your story is inspiring to me and I’m sure to others that are new to this. You are an example of how success can and will be achieved by those who will “Just Do It”. Once again Congrats and Good Luck in your future investing. Oh just one suggestion from someone who has never done a deal yet. Don’t spend all of the profits on bills etc. Re-invest some of it and let it work for you! I learned this in the book “Rich Dad Poor Dad” Read it if you haven’t yet!