Worker broke his foot on our property...now what? - Posted by Jen-LA

Dave…Please Clarify this if you will. - Posted by John

Posted by John on June 21, 2000 at 19:15:26:

NJDave:

I really don’t get it man. Lets look at this theoretically now. Jen said that the worker broke his “FOOT”. You replied “Break his other foot, and he won’t have a leg to stand on”

Now Dave, I kind of understand what direction your coming from and then again I don’t. Dave, are you some kind of violent person who likes to see people experience pain!? Why on Gods green earth would you suggest such acts of animalistic behaviour? Are you a full time investor? Are you married? How old is your dog? What color are your eyes? When is the last time you had a tetnus shot? These questions have nothing to do with the post, they are just small talk before the main question.

Now for the main Q!

Even if Jen decided to break the guys other foot, he would still have two legs to stand on! He did not break his leg he broke his foot! Now don’t go and tell me that’s what you meant because it stands out clearly in your response that you were talking about his foot!

Dave , please read and think before you post. Remember legs are legs, and feet are feet! Always have been always will be!

John

thumbs UP! :slight_smile: (nt) - Posted by SusanL.–FL

Posted by SusanL.–FL on June 22, 2000 at 13:52:50:

nt

You go girl!!! - Posted by chris

Posted by chris on June 22, 2000 at 10:35:26:

Get 'em Laure;-}

Re: Bruce Williams summed it up nicely… - Posted by Rob FL

Posted by Rob FL on June 22, 2000 at 11:23:52:

Real “friends” do everything they can to work things out without lawsuits. Isn’t that part of what a friend is? Working out your differences in a reasonable manner. Not through the courts. After the lawsuit was over, I bet it was really “personal” and not just business because I seriously doubt they would be friends anymore. I wouldn’t stay friends with anyone that sued me even if it was my fault. Would you?

What’s with the lack of civility here lately?.. - Posted by HR

Posted by HR on June 21, 2000 at 22:10:08:

Man o Man,

What gives here lately? I confess I’ve been so busy on my 4 rehab projects that I haven’t been able to check in as much as I like, but what gives? Are we into yet another phase of “attack of the barbarians?” The civility on many of these posts has definately dropped a notch or two…

OK, Al, I’ll bite: let’s analyze the original post, my response, and your stupid comments. As you will notice, my post was one of the only ones to try and give Jen an answer; everyone else, as you might notice, had fun at her expense.

The broken foot issue directly relates to worker’s comp, which I am sure in your advanced experience you comprehend. I was also offering Jen some advice. Hence the comments about her attitude towards the subs, which I take to be disasterous.

I can’t read obviously. It’s amazing how little you get out of an ivy league education.

HR

Laughter is GOOD for the soul, Charley! (nt) - Posted by SusanL–FL

Posted by SusanL–FL on June 22, 2000 at 08:12:11:

nt

You BOTH have excellent points, however I’d decided on my own… - Posted by Jen- LA

Posted by Jen- LA on June 21, 2000 at 20:06:19:

That John is right (mostly)- to break both feet would essentially leave one with two perfectly good legs to stand on. It might be hard to do, and that is where the flaw in John’s argument lies. Therefore, I decided that neither one of you is right, you are both really really dumb.

really dumb.

hope this helps,

Jen

Nope! I wouldn’t either! - Posted by SusanL.–FL

Posted by SusanL.–FL on June 22, 2000 at 15:14:46:

re:
I wouldn’t stay friends with anyone that sued me even if it was my fault. Would you?

I’d probably cross to the other side ‘o tha street if I saw them comin’…

Re: Lighten.up.bro…He.was.just.kidding?(NM) - Posted by Rich

Posted by Rich on June 21, 2000 at 22:21:45:

nm

Re: You BOTH have excellent points, however I’d decided on my own… - Posted by Mark - SC

Posted by Mark - SC on June 21, 2000 at 20:27:51:

Jen,
You are really, really cool. Great answer. Had a good laugh. Thanks.

Ditto (nt) - Posted by Laure

Posted by Laure on June 22, 2000 at 23:21:26: