Would like to introduce myself... - Posted by WindyCityRuss

Posted by WindyCityRuss on March 24, 2001 at 03:20:17:

Thank you for the warm welcomes… it’s much appreciated.

JohnBoy… on this short notice I’m not sure if making it to the convention is feasible but this might change in the next few days.

I’m intensely reading everything on this site and have been at for 8+ hours. I’m compiling a list of reading materials from the suggestions here. The Finance board is just packed w/ information but much of it is going over my head indicating much study/research is required.

I was originally drawn to this site by the Carleton Sheets forum (as I take it many are as well). But the wealth of infomation that I’m gathering from reading the many posts on the Finance and other forums is opening a whole new vista of ideas.

Tons of ideas and thoughts to ponder and lots of reading ahead… I’m very much looking forward to it all.

The amazing thing is how much more comfortable I feel about REI now that I’ve been here. At 8am this morning I was feeling a bit overwhelmed by the prospects and uneasy/nervous at what I preceived to be the process of REI. But after a day of reading several hundred posts I’m so pleased to find this resource of information and a group of people who have many of the same goals and fears as I do and a group of professionals who have been where I/we are now and have made a successful and very profitable career in REI.

It has increased my comfort level immensely and reduced my uneasyness by leaps and bounds. Always nice to learn that you’re not floating in this ‘ocean’ alone – I see that there are many others with me and lots of experienced captains to help steer us through. (Is that enough seafaring analogies? ;>)

Would like to introduce myself… - Posted by WindyCityRuss

Posted by WindyCityRuss on March 23, 2001 at 13:50:23:

Hello everyone…

My name is Russ and my wife and I have recently gotten involved in real estate investing. While we haven’t bought a property yet we are actively looking and have been thoroughly reading Carlton Sheets and several other books on RE investing.

I just wanted to introduce myself and say “hello” and I hope to become an active member of this forum especially considering that my wife and I have TONS OF QUESTIONS! :smiley:

Re: Would like to introduce myself… - Posted by Bill Gatten

Posted by Bill Gatten on March 25, 2001 at 15:59:04:

Hi Russ,

Glad to have you around. Your intro was most refreshing. We’ll all be at your disposal. Ask away.

Bill Gatten

Re: Would like to introduce myself… - Posted by Tim Jensen

Posted by Tim Jensen on March 25, 2001 at 11:17:30:

Russ,

I live in IL too. About 90 miles west of you in Rockford. If you need and help or advice fell free to e-mail me.

Tim

Welcome! - Posted by J.P. Vaughan

Posted by J.P. Vaughan on March 24, 2001 at 08:55:00:

Welcome to the site, Russ. Be sure to read all the
“How-To Articles” and “Success Stories” here too.

JP Vaughan

Re: Would like to introduce myself… - Posted by Kevin

Posted by Kevin on March 23, 2001 at 21:59:28:

WindyCityRuss-

I am relatively new to the site and to real estate investing also. Are you guys in the Chicago area?

Welcome to Creonline!!! - Posted by Lazaro

Posted by Lazaro on March 23, 2001 at 16:35:58:

We hope that you become a regular member. Best of luck!

Welcome! - Posted by CurtNY

Posted by CurtNY on March 23, 2001 at 14:54:05:

I’m sure you’ll find this site extremely informative. Best of luck with all your investments.

CurtNY

Tim… - Posted by Bill Gatten

Posted by Bill Gatten on March 25, 2001 at 15:57:21:

Tim!!! the idea is to post questions and advice for all to see. The board is for group learning, not private stuff. If you’ve got the dope, give it to all of us. We can use it too.

:o)

bill gatten

Re: Would like to introduce myself… - Posted by WindyCityRuss

Posted by WindyCityRuss on March 23, 2001 at 22:41:03:

yes we are… you too?

this is my first day on this site, my wife found it yesterday and I’ve been busy reading many of the threads since.

Have you been studying anything particular re: REI? How’s your motivation (seems to be the biggest indicator of success), we’re motivated but a bit nervous. :smiley:

Re: Tim… - Posted by Tim Jensen

Posted by Tim Jensen on March 25, 2001 at 19:39:41:

Bill,

There are no secrets here. I was just offering to help the guy if he has questions about things in IL. As you know some things in this business are different from state to state.

Tim

Re: Would like to introduce myself… - Posted by JohnBoy

Posted by JohnBoy on March 23, 2001 at 23:00:36:

I see that you are new here and are just getting started, but if you are really SERIOUS about getting into this business then I would HIGHLY recommend attending the convention coming up!

I know this is very short notice for you since you just found this site today and the convention is next weekend, but if their is any way you can afford to go to this, DO IT!!!

You can read about it at this link:

http://www.creonline.com/convention/convention2001.html

BTW, you won’t find ANY flights coming back to Chicago on Sunday evening, so you will need to plan on returning Monday and plan to arrive on Thursday if there is any possible way you can go.

You don’t even know what MOTIVATED is until you’ve been to one of creonline’s convention!!!

Re: Tim… - Posted by Bill Gatten

Posted by Bill Gatten on March 27, 2001 at 16:57:09:

No problem Tim…maybe I’m just thinking of myself. I want to know everything you know, so I can add it to what I know…and…know more than I currently know.

I find this a good place to seek those objectives. Don’t you?

Bill Gatten