Wow! Do I Need Advice..... - Posted by Glenn-PA

Posted by Troy M on May 03, 2000 at 20:48:22:

Glenn,

Some time ago, it came to my attention that I will most definitely, NEVER know it all. Does that mean I can’t do it all? NOPE! Just got to know who does know what I want to know. One word:

DELEGATE!

A good leader knows his limitations and knows how to delegate. Never try to do it all yourself. If you are the only one active, others will lose interest anyway.

Hope this helps,

Troy M

Wow! Do I Need Advice… - Posted by Glenn-PA

Posted by Glenn-PA on May 03, 2000 at 19:09:55:

I’m a part timer with a few rehabs/rentals under my belt. I’m in a small town in south central PA. I’ve been helping a bit with our local real estate investors club. We started out (in 1992) meeting every other month and now we’re meeting quarterly. We have about 75 members but only about 20 attend the meetings regularly. The president of the club passed away. A new president was installed but has resigned due to medical problems. I was called and asked to run the club. Other than CREONLINE, a few courses purchased and a few successful deals (and hard knocks)I have no other real estate education. If I don’t step up to the plate this club will most likely disband. Part of me wants to do it but realistically something like this should be done by someone with more investment experience. I’m afraid I’ll run out of ideas/topics/speakers for the meetings very quickly. Any ideas would be welcome…Glenn-PA

I say…GO FOR IT and assume the ‘reins’! - Posted by SusanL.–FL

Posted by SusanL.–FL on May 04, 2000 at 08:55:15:

You’ll learn as you go…(just as every one of us have done along the way in our R.E. lives).

I’m sure that you will come up with MANY ideas. You could even print out interesting CRE posts with their responses for topics of discussion.

Contact other clubs around your area or in other parts of the country—they might even share some ideas with you.

Good luck!

Re: Wow! Do I Need Advice… - Posted by Laure

Posted by Laure on May 03, 2000 at 21:46:22:

go to www.mrlandlord.com
and www.legalwiz.com

That’ll keep you busy for a very long time !

Good luck.

Laure :slight_smile: