WOW, the power of 1 little ad.... - Posted by Carl P

Posted by Bobbie on March 09, 2006 at 24:39:29:

Good evening Steve,

As usual, excellent advice from you.
Actually, I’m having a pretty good response with the window sign. I WILL do the Pennysaver ad though, just so I can say I tried it. So far, in this particular park, our window signs are working great. I use the standard red/white FSBO plastic sign but made an add-on that fits over the top. OWNER WILL FINANCE. I get lots of calls – just haven’t got the right one yet.
I doubt very much that the PM will allow me to distribute flyers, but it never hurts to ask. First thing on my to do list tomorrow. If not allowed, I can definitely send everyone a postcard. Love the idea of the xeroxed copy of the c-note in the message. A real attention grabber.

Thanks for your response.
Bobbie :slight_smile:

WOW, the power of 1 little ad… - Posted by Carl P

Posted by Carl P on March 08, 2006 at 23:28:51:

I am in SoCal and I placed an ad in the local Pennysaver. The ad has been out 1 week and my phone hasn’t stopped ringing! I have gotten at least 25 calls, and from that there are 10-15 potential deals. The best part is I have 4 CASH buyers. Tonight I got a call from a lady who wants to pay up 60K CASH for her home. I have another cash buyer who has up to 35K for hers. My other 2 cash buyers have 15K and 12K. I am going trying to place my high dollar buyer in a late model GT repo, the bids close on the 15th. I have a DW for my 35K senior buyer I will show this weekend. I also have a possible line on a SW in foreclosure for my 12K buyer. On wed my next ad comes out, “I BUY, SELL, AND FINANCE USED MOBILE HOMES”. I should have run this the same time as my for sale ad, but I didn’t know how strong the response would be. My biggest problem is I am out of town until the weekend. I have spoken to my cash buyers a couple times each and they sound solid and actually thank me for helping them. I plan to include a home warranty with these, so they don’t have any problems. WOW, the conversations go just like Lonnie said they would. I also got a caller to give me a Short Sale that I am working on for her stick house in foreclosure. I can’t wait for that ad to hit next week to find some motivated sellers.

Re: WOW, the power of 1 little ad… - Posted by Jimbnc

Posted by Jimbnc on March 09, 2006 at 11:02:16:

Carl,

Can you post the ad copy? Sounds like it was a winner.

Thanks!

Re: WOW, the power of 1 little ad… - Posted by Bobbie

Posted by Bobbie on March 08, 2006 at 23:42:34:

CONGRATS Carl on your successful ad.
I’ve been wanting to try this ad myself. My problem is I only have one mobile available that I’m not advertising in the paper (window sign only).

From your post, it sounds like you have a large inventory. Would you run this ad if you only had one house available??

Keep us updated as to how this all works out.

Bobbie :slight_smile:

Re: WOW, the power of 1 little ad… - Posted by Carl P

Posted by Carl P on March 09, 2006 at 18:38:35:

Here it is:

3-BDR 2-BA MOBILE HOME WILL FINANCE, NO BANKS!
Clean home in nice all age park. LOW DOWN AND LOW PAYMENTS.
Near shopping/schools. Call Carl, XXX-XXXX

I will run this ad continuously regardless of my inventory with the results it’s getting.
Carl

seems like an easy problem to fix - Posted by Steve-WA

Posted by Steve-WA on March 09, 2006 at 24:03:15:

“My problem is I only have one mobile available that I’m not advertising in the paper (window sign only).”

Uh, so put an ad in the Pennysaver. Some advocate laundromat flyers (ugh - sounds like work), and see if the PM will allow you to distribute flyers to the neighbors (meaning: the whole park): “Pick Your Neighbor! I have space #whatever for sale, and if you send me a friend/family member/complete stranger(!) who qualifies and buys the home, you get (xeroxed C-note here) $100! We aim to provide affordable housing to good people. Contact us at BR-549”

But if you just have a sign in the window, you’re missng a lot of the potential buyers pool.