Wright Thurston Feedback - Posted by Neil - MA

Posted by JA-FL on December 01, 1999 at 07:03:07:

See our coments above on “Wright Thurston Feedback”. The same applies here. Please don’t lose your objectivity. Investors need both sides and all the information they can get good or bad. Most are inteligent enough to make up their own minds.

Wright Thurston Feedback - Posted by Neil - MA

Posted by Neil - MA on November 28, 1999 at 21:22:08:

Does anyone know much about Wright Thurston and his How To Build A $9,000 A Month Positive Cash Flow: Diamonds In The Rough or his Total Investment Package?
The courses are part of the books and courses section of this site, but no one ever seems to have feedback about him or the courses. I am curious and considering investing in his Total Investment Package. Didn’t he write for Mark O. Haroldsen’s Financial Freedom Report years ago?
Thank you.

Re: Wright Thurston Feedback - Posted by JA-Fl

Posted by JA-Fl on November 29, 1999 at 06:56:49:

Neil. Look at Wright Thurston on www.johntreed.com, click RE, Click RE Gurus, click Reed’s view of Gurus, then click Wright Thurston. We have been to three of his seminars. Let us all know what you think.

Re: Wright Thurston Feedback - Posted by J.P. Vaughan

Posted by J.P. Vaughan on November 30, 1999 at 16:45:32:

If you actually believe Reed’s vituperative rantings
(he certainly trashes me and this site), why are you
still visiting this site? And, if you don’t believe
him, why would you suggest his site?

I Have A Headache - Posted by Neil - MA

Posted by Neil - MA on November 29, 1999 at 16:12:09:

OK. So now I have a headache. I went to the John T. Reed site. Now, I’m more confused than ever. He even has something to say about CREOnline! John T. doesn’t have much good to say about anyone or anything, even when he gives them a green light. (Except William Nickerson.) Anyhow, I guess Wright is a no go. I can live with that. Thanks.

Re: Wright Thurston Feedback - Posted by JA-FL

Posted by JA-FL on December 01, 1999 at 06:42:36:

In answer to JPV’s question to us.We visit this site, because we find it to be one of the best ones around. It is more open and tolerant than most. Thats the whole point with J.T.R. From him you mostly get the other side of the story. He may go way overboard, but he sure puts it in a way that may make you think, whether you believe him, or like him or not! Thats what we think this site also advocates, a well informmed visitor/investor that is open to all sides and able to think and make their own decisions, if they are given all the facts, both good and bad. We hadn’t noticed JTR ratings on this site until you mentioned it. Actually, for him, its not a bad rating- neutral! Again, mostly the negative comments, are more in the way he says them. We also looked for the first time at his “experiences of two years of Guru ratings” portion of his site. It gives some insight into why he rates and talks like he does. He obviously doesn’t think most people are too smart! In fact he uses the word stupid. We tend to give people and this site, more credit than that. But he also gives some good analysis of how and why people do things. The question for us is not whether we believe him,(on some things we find him to be correct and not on others) but like it or not, he is one place you will find information on Gurus, like no other. Just like anything else, you should and need to filter it with other information your get and come to your own conclusion. Again, we visit this site because we find it to be one where you can discuss both side of any queston or Guru. That the Beauty of it! Don’t change that or you lose the quality that makes you stand out above the rest! Fletch’s comment is also very appropriate. Please don’t lose your objectivity.

Re: I Have A Headache - Posted by J.P. Vaughan

Posted by J.P. Vaughan on November 30, 1999 at 16:41:21:

If you actually believe Reed’s vituperative rantings, why
are you still visiting this site?

JP Vaughan

Re: I Have A Headache - Posted by JA-FL

Posted by JA-FL on November 29, 1999 at 18:03:46:

Neil. We would say John T. at least has something good to say about the dead, but there are others that are deceased, that he doesn’t. But it makes you think, doesn’t it? We thought W. Thurston had some good information on multiple unit purchase and management and how to make money on it. If you are interested in multiunit rental purchase(apartment buildings), he can teach you the basics. He claimed to have three streams of income making a million each. One of them is Melaluca products that is a multilevel marketing pyramid scheme. We bit on that one also. All the products smell or taste like turpentine, as they are made from the resin of the melaluca tree. We didn’t like them and asked for our money back as it was promoted you could, but we didn’t get it. He certainly is a likeable guy, a little “smaltsy” and plays on the heart strings to gain your confidence. We enjoyed it! It was good entertainment, if not lucretive.

I Have A Headache - Posted by Neil - MA

Posted by Neil - MA on November 30, 1999 at 22:18:26:

JA-Fl sent me to the John T. site for comment about Wright Thurston. Forgive me if I transgressed. Let me make this clear, I love CREOnline and the job you’re doing. As I said in my previous post, John T. doesn’t have much good to say about anything. He’s one negative fellow.