Y2K concerns and solutions? - Posted by David J. Macgown

Posted by Joanne on December 02, 1999 at 06:10:27:

I am a newbie in every aspect of economy, not just real estate, but I do believe (strongly of course, as a member of CREO) in creativity as a leading factor in all areas of life/change. My feeling is that creativity thus human potential thus technology today together with the Internet… far surpasses the 2K event. I can see that we took off on an upward clime (if not an exponential upward clime)…

As silly as it may sound I can see today’s Cal RE market being NY’s reality of tomorrow… I can see positive surprises ahead… which could be somewhat unprecedented, resulting in graphs historically ‘wrong’… I wish I could hear Kiyosaki’s view on this, beyond his expectations outlined in ‘Rich Dad Poor Dad’.

Y2K concerns and solutions? - Posted by David J. Macgown

Posted by David J. Macgown on December 02, 1999 at 01:12:24:

We are now in to December. This could be the biggest hoax in history or the biggest disaster in history. Since we all invest in real estate for the dream of freedom and wealth and money CONTROLS the economy and the way we live in this world; the most astute people will be hanging on to David Greenspans every word, because he is the most powerful man in the country if not the world. What concerns do some of you have that Y2k will effect Real estate and the economy. Personally, I think the most influential factor in our thriving economy is the internet with E- Commerce leading the way to our future. If Y2K is the real deal what will happen to our economy now without the internet?! In just 2-3 years the internet will no longer be a luxary but as necessary as coffee in the morning. We will be doing everything on the internet it will be a whole new way of life. Change is happening Now. How will this effect real estate if the economy is drastically changed from this potential disaster? What have some of you planned to do…just in case. how do you plan to profit from this and how will the rules and the investments change in the worst case scenario?

This thread is not meant to scare people but to make us all think. We are all creative thinkers so lets think out of the box and talk about our ideas and vision. This is a great example of putting a master mind group to wotk for all the Napolion Hill fans. Lets make this a big and great discussion creonline family!

Thank you,
David

Re: Y2K concerns and solutions? - Posted by Potash

Posted by Potash on December 02, 1999 at 12:07:51:

Astute people have long since known that the only thing to fear regarding the “Y2K bug” is a possible panic from irrational people hoarding cash/gold/whatever. They will not be paying any additional attention to either of the Greenspan brothers (David or Alan).

Re: Y2K concerns and solutions? - Posted by Rob FL

Posted by Rob FL on December 02, 1999 at 11:50:44:

From what I have seen and read, most of the large companies and important things in America have already prepared and are ready for Y2K. I have read in the NY Times that roughly 70% of the 2nd and 3rd world countries will not be Y2K compliant come January 1. This may cause some rippling effects into the United States especially in the area of imported goods like oil. The price of gas is already sky high.

I don’t think the effects of Y2K will last much more than a few months, but then what do I know.

BTW his name is Alan Greenspan.

stewardship - Posted by RRSmith

Posted by RRSmith on December 02, 1999 at 08:34:27:

The stewardship of your properties and the
WAY you spend your money controls (your vote)in the economy.

As for Y2K it is too late to worry about it any more. Bug killing teams STOPPED giving out guarantees on their work in June-July and now are in full triage* mode.

*triage (French, sorting) the sorting of and allocation of treatment to patients and esp. battle and DISASTER victims according to a system of priorities designed to maximize the number of survivors; broadly: the assigning of priority order to projects on the basis of where funds and resources can be best used or are most needed