YEHAAAAA!!! - Posted by ScottS

Posted by SusanL.–FL on January 22, 2001 at 14:45:30:

In our fast-paced society, we often forget about those who fought for and gave up their lives for the freedoms and liberties many of us take for granted.

On the drive to school the other morning, a newscaster was talking about protest groups who were planning to make their ‘debut’ before the inauguration. The next news report was about Moslems being executed if they changed religions. Things we take for granted.

I explained to my little guy that we had MANY freedoms in America because our soldiers had been willing to fight for and die for them. I also told him that if it hadn?t been for us winning the Revolutionary War, that he might be speaking with a British accent and probably wearing different colors in his school uniform. THAT got his attention and THAT he understood.

He may be only 8 years old but I find if I am ?simplistic? in my explanations, it is amazing how much he understands. (It also helps being my ?captive audience? in the morning. Then I can REALLY drive my point home!! :slight_smile:

YEHAAAAA!!! - Posted by ScottS

Posted by ScottS on January 20, 2001 at 16:38:55:

Got back home today after six months abroad on military duties.

I’ll be back in the REI saddle in a few days or so.

Almost forgot how long six months really is, but I used the time to beef up my education and have some serious energy built up to use in REI.

I’ll be around for real in a couple days.

ScottS

Thanx 4 your service to our country! - Posted by SusanL.–FL

Posted by SusanL.–FL on January 22, 2001 at 10:45:16:

…and WELCOME back!!

Susan

Welcome Back, Scott! NT - Posted by J.P. Vaughan

Posted by J.P. Vaughan on January 21, 2001 at 09:58:27:

NT

Good to see you scott(nt) - Posted by tarun

Posted by tarun on January 20, 2001 at 19:04:24:

:slight_smile:

Welcome Back Scott - Posted by phil fernandez

Posted by phil fernandez on January 20, 2001 at 17:20:00:

Now get down to the convention in Atlanta.

Welcome back, Scott! (nt) - Posted by ScottE

Posted by ScottE on January 20, 2001 at 16:46:35:

Re: Thanx 4 your service to our country! - Posted by ScottS

Posted by ScottS on January 22, 2001 at 13:03:34:

Thank you Susan, that means a great deal to me. It’s trying sometimes, but in many ways very rewarding.

Sometimes it makes it hard to do the things I want to be doing (deals, REI education) but at the same time it allows me to grow at my own pace and work towards my major goals while I still have a solid monthly paycheck.

Like anything, that has costs but it’s all a matter of perspective.

Thanks again.

Scott

Re: Welcome Back Scott - Posted by Jeanne

Posted by Jeanne on January 20, 2001 at 22:47:20:

Scott,

I agree with Phil. Dirk and I would love to meet you in person! Hope you can make it this time.

Jeanne