Yellow Page advertising??? - Posted by Jared Croslow

Posted by Arthur on August 13, 2003 at 20:06:30:

I can’t make up my mind if thats a good idea or bad idea. I can’t imagine anyone checking it out, but at that price if you get 1 good lead in a year its more than worth it.

Yellow Page advertising??? - Posted by Jared Croslow

Posted by Jared Croslow on August 13, 2003 at 17:18:01:

Hello everyone,

I just recently placed a one inch ad in my yellow pages for the November book. It is going to cost me $76.00 a month, but I am the only investor in the phone book. I am hoping to get some lead from people looking to list there home, but need to sell fast. I was wanting to know if anyone has tried this and had any success? I haven’t heard of any investors doing this. Thanks for any feedback

Jared

Re: Yellow Page advertising??? - Posted by Brent_IL

Posted by Brent_IL on August 14, 2003 at 19:23:18:

I’m not knocking The Yellow Pages, but in the past ten years I’ve talked to many small business owners who have cancelled because of the price/benefit ratio.

On the other hand, one $50,000 deal pays for years of good-will advertising.

Re: Yellow Page advertising??? - Posted by Miguel (N CA)

Posted by Miguel (N CA) on August 14, 2003 at 13:39:57:

Jared

In my area there was no one else doing it either. So I decided to do a beautiful quarter page ad in a new book that was supposed to challenge the bigger phone company book. In two counties, 225,000 were to be delivered on doorsteps, not thrown on driveways.

I figured I would roll the dice at $210/month and see what happened. As Arthur (below) said, all you need is one deal to make it a huge success, in my opinion.

The ad started in March and in the first few months there were a few calls per week. The good thing is that with most yellow page users, they are ready to take action. However, what I did not count on, the calls began to dry up. In the last two months I’ve recieved ZERO calls from my ad (tracked easily with a special 800 number).

One reason could be that there are at least four other books being distributed in the area throughout the year. I told myself that if I did get just one deal, I would renew the ad, and it looks like that will happen (a guy i talked to 3 months ago called me back desperate for help).

But when the ad sales rep came back to get me to renew, I told him I’ll think about it since the calls stopped coming.

I’m moving my marketing toward the Hispanic community so I may put something in a new Spanish yellow pages book coming out…if the price is right.

Miguel

I don’t know but here in Dallas… - Posted by JP

Posted by JP on August 13, 2003 at 22:44:09:

Here in Dallas there are several investors with FULL PAGE ads in the yellow pages … and a handful of others with 1/2 and 1/4 page ads so it must work??