YIPPEEEEE!!!! my second deal completed today! - Posted by Carey_PA

Posted by Chris on February 13, 2000 at 13:48:06:

Chuck-

Ron LeGrand is not a mobilehome guy. Lonnie is.

Both gurus have articles on this site to help you decide where your interest is.

-Good Luck,Chris

YIPPEEEEE!!! my second deal completed today! - Posted by Carey_PA

Posted by Carey_PA on February 12, 2000 at 13:13:06:

Hello all,

Well it’s OFFICIAL my 2nd deal was completed today. The buyer gave me a money order today for $7,064.52!!!

SO i got a total from the buyer of $100.00 down plus the $7,064.52 which equals $7,164.54!

$7,000 was for the mobile home itself and then $164.52 was a reimbursement to me for the rest of this months lot rent since i did pay the lot rent already.

here’s the numbers:
I bought the home on December 31st for $3,000.
It’s a 1960 Vagabond 10x54 2 bedrooms, 1.5 baths
I paid 2 months lot rent of $265 each month. total being $530 (minus the $164.52 that the woman just paid me for this month)
OH and i had to get oil put in the home, 100gallons cost $198.
Advertising for 2 weeks was $49.

Total costs were $3,664.98 (this includes the title transfer charge of $52.50)

I sold it for $7,000 CASH today YIPPEEEEE, that’s my convention money…hehehehe although i was going to go anyway!!!

Oh and i almost forgot to mention, there was a mattress and box spring left in the mobile home and i sold it to the guy who bought my first mobile home from me for a measly $30.

so that’s my second deal and well frankly i STILL don’t know how to figure out my yield…I’m hoping someone at the convention could help me, i’m gonna bring my calculator!

Thanks to everyone at this site who has helped me!!!

See ya soon,

CAREY

Congrats Carey!! nt - Posted by ScottE

Posted by ScottE on February 14, 2000 at 24:59:34:

Well done and keep 'em coming!!! (nt) - Posted by Blane (MI)

Posted by Blane (MI) on February 13, 2000 at 18:30:31:

Carey, my hat is off to you - Posted by Dirk Roach

Posted by Dirk Roach on February 12, 2000 at 23:43:44:

Hi Carey,
Great job!
Terrific Job!

Here you go and do a 10 wide and OLD mobile 1960…Wow! And cashed out to boot. How funny, I love it. So often folks simply turn up their noses at such homes, but I guess your deal is a lesson for all.

Was this home with the stove and propane troubles? And if so, what did you do to resolves those?

Also Curious about the oil, you mentioned in your post. Was the furnace hooked up to fuel heating oil on this mobile?

Anyhow just curious, good job, though.
Dirk

Carey, I’m glad to see you’re doing well! Keep up the good work! nt - Posted by SCook85

Posted by SCook85 on February 12, 2000 at 21:32:17:

nt

Great job carey!!! - Posted by taruns_md

Posted by taruns_md on February 12, 2000 at 17:25:55:

Way To Go Carey! - Posted by Tony-VA

Posted by Tony-VA on February 12, 2000 at 17:21:53:

Yield = Good Enough!

Congrats! - Posted by Barbara (ME)

Posted by Barbara (ME) on February 12, 2000 at 17:20:23:

Like Lonnie said, now on to the next one. Isn’t this a fabulous business?
Barbara (ME)

Awesome! Congrats… - Posted by TRandle

Posted by TRandle on February 12, 2000 at 16:46:01:

I’d say it looks “good enough” to me. Thanks for sharing. Success stories help me keep on keeping on. See ya in Atlanta…

Re: YIPPEEEEE!!! my second deal completed today! - Posted by IdahoRob

Posted by IdahoRob on February 12, 2000 at 16:00:28:

Carey Way to go girl!!

I been watching you for over a year now – you have been absorbing alot of info over that time frame from here on creonline, and now it is finally paying off!!!

Guess your making dear old dad a believer??

Carey your on a roll now. Keep it up!!

let me be the first to congradulate you … See you in Atlanta! NT - Posted by JohnB_NJ

Posted by JohnB_NJ on February 12, 2000 at 14:30:18:

Nice Job!! - Posted by Chuck

Posted by Chuck on February 13, 2000 at 13:42:59:

Hi there fantastic job! it really motivates me to hear of new investors making money with this, I am new to at investing in real estate and i was just wondering did you learn about how to do this through Lonnie Sgruggs? Ive been thinking about buying either his course or Ron LeGrands course just wondering.

Re: Carey, my hat is off to you - Posted by Carey_PA

Posted by Carey_PA on February 13, 2000 at 08:39:26:

Dirk,

Yes this was the one with the stove and propane troubles. The home had oil heating and propane cooking. The heating worked realy well with the home, i just had the tank filled up because of the winter time and i didn’t want the pipes to freeze. And the stove well that’s a whole other story lol I really don’t think that it will work…

But anyway, the way i handled the stove situation was that I sat her down to go over the contract and I expecially went over the fact that the home is being sold “AS IS” and the price reflects that. (she told me in her own words last weekend that “i’m not asking enough for this cute little home”)

So, I then went on to REstate to her the things that I already mentioned to her that need to be repaired in the home, which is basically a toilet and then i said AGAIN i’m not guaranteeing that stove will work and I already told you that, but if it works for you that’s just an added bonus. She said I think it will work, then she said boy i’d hate to have to buy a new one and she just looked at me. I didn’t say a word to that…i just nodded my head (now i know me and i KNOW that i probably would have said “don’t worry about it, if you have to get a new one i’ll split the cost with you or i’ll buy it for you”) but I felt that she wasn’t going to let this stove get in the way of the home and she had mentioned to me on the phone before that if the stove didn’t work she may just buy an electric one if it was cheaper…

So it all worked out for me…just an FYI, you all KNOW that if the stove would have been that much of a concern for her I definitely would have bought her one or split the cost of one…i would NOT let $250-$350 get in the way of $7,000! I ain’t that dumb :slight_smile:

Thanks everyone for your great advice, I love this stuff!

CAREY

He sure is a believer now, he even asked me about the convention! NT - Posted by Carey_PA

Posted by Carey_PA on February 12, 2000 at 20:29:24:

Re: Nice Job!! - Posted by Carey_PA

Posted by Carey_PA on February 13, 2000 at 16:34:12:

Chuck,

I have both of Lonnie’s books…they definitely paved the way and all of the great people on this site help with each deal…

CAREY