You are ahead of the doctor, be proud - Posted by Philip

Posted by Philip on October 18, 2003 at 17:08:19:

That is great! I won’t make it that soon, but I do want to retire early. My folks did. Largely because of real estate investments and frugality.

I do however plan to make my money work and hard.
Philip

You are ahead of the doctor, be proud - Posted by Philip

Posted by Philip on October 17, 2003 at 22:15:28:

I have been reunited with an old friend with a graduate degree. He is from southern California and a very sharp guy. (Probably like Doc, but that is where the similarity ends)

The man has absolutely no clue how money works.

He is renting from a mutual friend until his home is built.
This friend told him to borrow and get started in rental sfh’s. This mutual friend has borrowed 75k for 2 homes.

I told him I might know a way he could make good yields on very small amounts of money, like 2-4k, if he invested with me. He heard the details and decided he wanted to invest 2 or 3k right now, if not sooner. When he heard I had 0 of my own dollars invested at the present time he started paying attention.

This man has 8 years of post-graduate education, and even after my briefing him on what little I know; he said, “You will have to educate me Philip, I have never made my money work for me”.

And he still is just going to invest, even though I didn’t tell him everything, and I know he doesn’t fully understand.

SO,…hey! Were all ahead of this guy, and some of us with little education. Many on this board have received less education, but at least some about money and it’use.

Be proud of what you’ve done.

And thanks to everyone who posts here and the affordable materials available. My friend payed 80-90k for his education.

Philip
Philip

Change your attitude, change your life… - Posted by Chuck

Posted by Chuck on October 18, 2003 at 24:28:10:

http://www.creonline.com/articles/art-087.html

Re: Change your attitude, change your life… - Posted by Philip

Posted by Philip on October 18, 2003 at 12:02:47:

Chuck, I re-read that excerpt from Lonnie’s book. It is amazing where all those school hours must go.

This person I was talking about was the Valedictorian of a small college graduating class, a very difficult private school.
He knows how to borrow money from a bank for almost anything. But he will be 40 years old in about 2 weeks and he has not a penny of retirement money saved.

It is hard to fathom.

Philip

Re: Change your attitude, change your life… - Posted by Chuck

Posted by Chuck on October 18, 2003 at 12:50:43:

Which goes to the point that even with all his elaborate education, and life experience, he’s no smarter about money than the average high school graduate.

I printed and framed that article in 1987… in 1988 I quit my 50 hour a week JOB because of it.

Word.

Oops… typo. - Posted by Chuck

Posted by Chuck on October 18, 2003 at 13:11:26:

It should have said…

I printed and framed that article in 1997… in 1998 I quit my 50 hour a week JOB because of it.

(One month before my 45th birthday).