Youth Group Home (Long) - Posted by Paul_NJ

Posted by Tom on January 24, 2001 at 15:05:53:

Paul
Basicly you can’t do anything. Homes like the one you’er talking about are protected by State and Federal law. It doesn’t matter what your zoning or local laws say or do. The one thing that you want to check out is if there are any sex offenders amoung these troubled youth. That is a matter of public record (Megens Law)and concern. If there are, you should run (not walk) to your county officals and start protesting. You should be able to stop a group home with sex offenders, but it mays take grass roots action.

Youth Group Home (Long) - Posted by Paul_NJ

Posted by Paul_NJ on January 24, 2001 at 08:52:55:

Hello All,
This post is in regards to a problem my neighbors and I are having with a For Profit Corporation that purchased a home that borders my backyard. The plan on their end is to house 5-6 troubled youths in with 3 adult suporvisors. It seems from speaking with the Township their hands are tied by state regulations that this Corp has a license to do so. It involves a company that has less than perfect track records running these homes in other communities and we feel very unsafe in what could happen here. Very rural setting and not any control except for the state to do what they please. Just thought I might ask the board for any creative ideas that come to mind to combat this situation. Thanks!
Paul_NJ