Youth to Flip? YES!! - Posted by Gambit

Posted by Valerie PA on January 24, 2002 at 15:06:33:

Be educated professional and it won’t matter what your age is but if someone asks you how old you are… Tell them “old enough to know better.”

How does one argue with that?

Good luck to you. :slight_smile:

Youth to Flip? YES!! - Posted by Gambit

Posted by Gambit on January 23, 2002 at 19:10:52:

I am a 18 year old who has been interested in RE investing for awhile. I have read everything on this site and many others, several times. I have Steve’s course, and I am making a lot of calls to investors getting their info. I have been scouting neighborhoods looking for good prospects, and I am ready to go.

I am confident in myself and have the knowledge to flip with the best of them. The only concern I have is my age. If given the chance I can impress most people with my knowledge of finance, but anyone have any advice on how to get them to let me?

How would you investors here recommend I go about approaching potential sellers and buyers. Any tips on what would impress you and convince you to do business with me?

Thanks for any advice you can give me!!

Re: Youth to Flip? YES!! - Posted by Lazaro

Posted by Lazaro on January 23, 2002 at 19:27:40:

Age has to do nothing with Real Estate in my own honest opinion. I actually started at age 17. Now I am 18 and continue to work in Real Estate. I actaully had to have my parents sign the paperwork when I was 17 because I was not legally an adult. You can do whatever you set out to do. Don’t let your age stand in the way!
Cordially,
Lazaro