zoning laws about mobile homes - Posted by Ron Freeman

Posted by Bryan on February 08, 2002 at 06:36:11:

I’m a MHP owner in NC and just posted a mssg. today - then came across your post. I was refused a zoning permit to move another MH in my park - because the town -planner felt my park was not good enough.

Did you find anymore info about this case? Where did you hear about it?

Bryan

zoning laws about mobile homes - Posted by Ron Freeman

Posted by Ron Freeman on February 05, 2002 at 21:49:49:

Is anyone familiar with a test case that reached the Appelate court level in either North or South Carolina, regarding the restricting placement of a mobile home. The decision reached was that because mobile homes (including single wides) meet HUD requirements, no Governmental body could impose further restrictions upon them. This includes city, state, municipal, and count planning commissions and boards, ect. Private parties could place limitations when they sold or dubdivided property, vis deed restrictions but governmental bodies could not. A state could place additional restrictions, but as a consequence but as a consequence would have to accept Federally imposed penalties. These included the cessation of Federally funded programs (Highways, Medicaid, etc, etc.) The city in question gave up the fight against mobile home placement restrictions. If you have any information about this case please post immediately.