zoning problems(help) - Posted by Adam

Posted by Redline on May 07, 2007 at 20:37:02:

I’ve not heard of this before, but that doesn’t mean it’s not possible. The power being off for more than 1 year will often cause issues with towns and utilities.

Have you verified that the town is within its right to rezone the property? I’d check there first. If there’s a fight, I’d be fighting that … because if not the only way to RE-ZONE this would seem to be applying for a variance. That will be tough.


zoning problems(help) - Posted by Adam

Posted by Adam on May 07, 2007 at 15:00:15:

I’m wholesaling a duplex in Jacksonville,FL that was grandfathered in as a multi-family. Although it was granfathered in as a multi-family, the power has been off for more than a year and by law the city has turned the house back into a SFR. Does any know if I can get this property rezoned back into a multi-family. The lender will not lend if this does not happen.

Re: zoning problems(help) - Posted by katheryn

Posted by katheryn on May 08, 2007 at 22:08:47:

Adam, my partner and I just went through a zoning issue too in Jacksonville. It cost $1600 just to get on the docket to be heard and there was no guarentee that we would win. But they city does help you with your “case” and looked at similar cases in the area or that they knew of. They suggested that I used the positive outcome in my request to the city for the change in zoning. I did win but it was a process of about 2 1/2 months. Now my “case” will help others. Considering the building and rehabbing that is going on in Jacksonville, I would be that they would be helpful in turning this property back into an income producing one.

Re: zoning problems(help) - Posted by Tim

Posted by Tim on May 08, 2007 at 09:58:36:

This happed to me in Norfolk, VA I bought a 4-plex with 2 seperate buildings and the back building was vacant for more than 2 yers and was demed non-conforming which means that no one can live in it.

I was told to bring it up to the city council meeting thats held one a month and see if they would reverse it. I am now condoizing the property.

Tim - VA