$1000.00 - Best way to turn it in to $10,000 - Posted by Nancy

Posted by Sharon on August 17, 2003 at 17:21:28:

Use some of that money to start marketing to find motivated sellers and start doing deals…

Good luck!

$1000.00 - Best way to turn it in to $10,000 - Posted by Nancy

Posted by Nancy on August 17, 2003 at 16:52:20:

I have $1000.00 to blow. What is the best way to invest this to get started in real estate and make more with it?

I have read a lot of courses already.

Thanks,
Nancy

I don’t understand - Posted by Ronald * Starr(in No CA)

Posted by Ronald * Starr(in No CA) on August 17, 2003 at 18:56:07:

Nancy----------

I don’t understand. If you have already read a lot, what is stopping you from answering your own question? My investing model is that each unique person should develop or adopt a program that fits him/her and the investment environment in which s/he will do the investing. Thus, it confuses me that you would be asking other people what to do.

Could it be you just have not read enough, because you have not found an investment program that you like? Or you have already tentatively decided and wanted to know what others think, but did not present us with your thoughs so we could comment on them? Or are you for some reason avoiding making a decision?

This is all a puzzle to me. I can’t give you advice, as I don’t know what you really need. You ask for the “best way to invest this to get started in real estate…” but you don’t tell us what approach to investing you want. You don’t tell us what the market is like where you are thinking of investing. You don’t tell us your investment goal(s), other than to say “make more with it.”

Here is my advice. Don’t spend any of that money until you have spent some serious thought time pondering the following questions.

What financial benefit do I want from real estate investing the most at this time: C A or T. (If you don’t know the reference, please read my post for beginners which can be found by putting “investors success” into the search function of this main board of this CREONLINE.COM website.

Then answer the question: do I want to invest part time while getting my living expenses elsewhere? Or do I hope to have real estate activities support my personal lifestyle? Once you have answered that question, you may know whether you want to hold for long term rentals or do real estate merchandising–buying properties at below market value and reselling very soon for a profit. If you don’t know, go ahead and make a choice.

Then, if you have not already done so, get out and study the real estate investment marketplace where you will choose to invest. What kinds of investments make sense there? What kinds do not? What locations are good for fixers, for flippers, for longterm holding, etc?

Asking other people the question that you have is unlikely to provide many good answers for you. I think you probably need to answer your questions yourself.

Good Investing**************Ron Starr*************