2nd Day without J.O.B. - Posted by Dave(Mi)

Posted by Millie I. on April 15, 1999 at 24:05:14:

Hang in there Dave, keep up the spirit, you got what it takes to WIN!!!

Millie I.

2nd Day without J.O.B. - Posted by Dave(Mi)

Posted by Dave(Mi) on April 14, 1999 at 21:05:08:

In short, this day was even better than yesterday, and yesterday was great! I am still suspended from my J.O.B. and loving every minute of it!

Today started early and finished late, the day was filled with opportunity; phone calls for tommorows appointments, and best of all I found 1 L/O, 2 flips, and one I can retail as a handyman special with 100% owner financing! Gotta go for now, just thought I’d share the encouragment that is spread around on this board.

Hey by the way what’s the best way to protect yourself from liability or loss if the tennant you sub lease to tears up the place?
Any clues for the newbie is apreciated thanks :slight_smile:
Dave(Mi) Happy investing!

Re: 2nd Day without J.O.B. - Posted by Judy

Posted by Judy on April 17, 1999 at 16:26:45:

Dave,

You asked: “what’s the best way to protect yourself from liability or loss if the tennant you sublease to tears up the place?”

I’m a newbie – still studying, but according to Ron LeGrand, the tenant/buyer in the L/O (who created the problem) is responsible for the repairs. In addition, you should hold in escrow a certain amount to pay for repairs.

If the tenant who ruined the house leaves, and you don’t have case on hand to repair, the worst that could happen would be to get a new tenant to pay his deposit and use that money.

Remember, this is just “book learning” at this point. Anyone else with any ideas?

Judy