8 in 5, lets have another convention! - Posted by SCook85

Posted by Jeff (Dallas, TX) on March 13, 1999 at 15:21:53:

David, you might as well ride on the coat tails… Look at what it’s doing for our Governor :slight_smile:

8 in 5, lets have another convention! - Posted by SCook85

Posted by SCook85 on March 12, 1999 at 20:18:30:

I don’t know what that convention did for me but I have just had a totally overwhelming week. In my five days back from the convention I have sold 8 properties (I have five signed contracts, and 3 verbals in which I am scheduled to meet with the buyers tomorrow to get the deals on paper). 4 of those properties I have bought in the last 10 days. Now I know I am jumping the gun because they have not settled yet, but if only half of them settle in addition to the other 5 I had contracts on prior to the convention the next 30 days are going to be awesome.

The make up of these deals are as follows, 4 L/O’s for a total of $10100 down and $59,000 in paper profits (positive cash flow is $600 per month). 5 wholesale flips for a total of $13,500 in profits. 1 Owner financed deal that will put $8000 cash in my pocket and $30,000 in paper, and 3 retail sales for $34,000 in cash and $8000 in paper. I also did a refi on one of my L/o’s that settled the day before the convention where I cashed out for $14000.

This is only my ninth month in the business. I will in 30 days be posting a success story with what comes through. They are all solid deals and they all should happen. By the way, I have $0 into every single one of these. Add that up!

Re: 8 in 5, lets have another convention! - Posted by Nate

Posted by Nate on March 17, 1999 at 11:59:34:

Steve-

Great job, buddy! I was one of those who had a hard time keeping the eyes dry listening to your story.

Sounds like you’re really gettin’ things kickin’! I wish you the best!

I just returned home last night from the trip. (I was in Nashville for a week after the convention) What an awesome convention, eh?!! I wanted to write you and inquire a little more on your R-t-O program we discussed briefly at the convention. It sounded like you had a great system in line and I never got a chance to talk to you much in detail about that. E-mail me sometime if you get a chance between all these deals :slight_smile: ! Great to meet you at the convention–even before you got famous :slight_smile: !!

Nate

Re: 8 in 5, lets have another convention! - Posted by Great Job!!!

Posted by Great Job!!! on March 13, 1999 at 14:48:35:

Also congradulations on winning the Blue Vase award. With your inspiration I’ll try to start a MD. tradition.
Charles

I have ONE REGRET from the convention! - Posted by Jim IL

Posted by Jim IL on March 13, 1999 at 14:19:17:

Steve,
My only regret from the convention was not meeting you face to face, and/or shaking your hand.
You sir are an inspiration to us all. Your story was quite moving and had me leaving the convention with a “lump in my throat”.
Thanks for sharing and keep it up.
My wife and I left with a renewed vigor for the business. You sir are a large part of that.
What really helped was to see you and realize that we are the same age. I always kind of thought perhpas I was too young to succeed in this. You showed me that is CRAZY.
I actually should have started this YEARS ago.
Thank Goodness 30 is not too late to get going.
Take care Steve, and Bless you sir.
I truly admire you,
Jim

P.S. I’m off to draft 15 offers RIGHT NOW on properties we just finished viewing. I can only hope that we are half as successful as you in yours.

Re: 8 in 5, lets have another convention! - Posted by Barry Ca.

Posted by Barry Ca. on March 13, 1999 at 12:52:19:

Steve

Congratulations on an amazing week. Also Congrats on a well deserved BLUE VASE.

Steve you are a great insperation!

Barry

Do they have a solid gold vase award? - Posted by DanM(OR)

Posted by DanM(OR) on March 13, 1999 at 08:01:16:

Steve,

Great job! Sounds like you are up for it.

Your new investor friend in Bend, OR!

Dan

Re: 8 in 5, lets have another convention! - Posted by J.P. Vaughan

Posted by J.P. Vaughan on March 13, 1999 at 07:58:52:

Congratulations, Steve! You are an inspiration to all
of us. I thought you couldn’t do those kind of deals
where you live… :wink:

JP

Re: 8 in 5, lets have another convention! - Posted by Lonnie

Posted by Lonnie on March 13, 1999 at 07:34:08:

Hi Steve,

Thank goodness you don?t do mobile homes and live in my neighborhood, I?d have to pack up and move.

Congratulations and keep turning the deals. You?re a real inspiration to all of us. And congratulations again on winning the blue vase award, you truly deserved it.

Best wishes for a great future,

Lonnie

Re: 8 in 5, lets have another convention! - Posted by phil fernandez

Posted by phil fernandez on March 13, 1999 at 06:33:25:

Hi Steve,

Ya got me beat. I was 3 in 5 this week after coming home from the convention. One buy and rent back, one bought out of foreclosure and one owner financed buy.

The convention certanly has super charged my real estate investing. This is what can happen when you get new ideas from a convention like this. No one should miss it next year.

Congrats Steve and keep up the good work. Say hi to Dan Fink for me.

Re: My Hero - Posted by Stacy (AZ)

Posted by Stacy (AZ) on March 13, 1999 at 01:02:42:

Steve, go get 'em!!! Wow, keep it cranking!!

You can’t look back now!

Stacy (AZ)

Boy, don’t I feel lazy - Posted by David Alexander

Posted by David Alexander on March 13, 1999 at 01:00:03:

I decided to take the week lite. Guess, I better get busy. Way to go Steve.

David Alexander

Congratulations - Posted by John Behle

Posted by John Behle on March 13, 1999 at 24:35:01:

I wanted to congratulate you at the convention. Your success and attitude are remarkable. Your story touched me deeply. No question - that Blue Vase belongs to you!

Thank you for a great example.

Re: 8 in 5, lets have another convention! - Posted by John(TX)

Posted by John(TX) on March 12, 1999 at 22:00:42:

Steve,

Blue Vase award nothing, looks like you’re shooting for the Bill Gates award with all that money. :slight_smile:

BTW don’t mean to detract anything from the Blue Vase award. Terry’s telling of the original story and your own story was very moving. I had a hard time keeping my eyes dry. The look on your face said it all. God knows you deserve it. Thank you for being an inspiration to us all.

John

You got a mentor program Steve? - Posted by Jim-WI

Posted by Jim-WI on March 12, 1999 at 21:41:19:

Steve,
Your post is fabulous. Motivates myself as well as others. Keep em coming. You’re an inspiration to me and make me want to strive for more out of this business. Thanks!
Jim

Re: 8 in 5, lets have another convention! - Posted by RickCA

Posted by RickCA on March 12, 1999 at 21:17:45:

I Love it Love it Love it…outstanding job Steve!!!

Re: 8 in 5, lets have another convention! - Posted by Arthur Montano

Posted by Arthur Montano on March 12, 1999 at 20:43:31:

Congrats Steve, I hope that you succeed beyond you wildest dreams. You are an insperation to myself and others. After talking to you at the convention, I am sure that you have only begun. Go for the gold. Your friend, Art

Steve…I want those notes…@ discount of course 8^) - Posted by Steve sell me the notes @ Discount!!!1

Posted by Steve sell me the notes @ Discount!!!1 on March 12, 1999 at 20:36:13:

Thats fantastic dude. Can you tell all of , what is your motovation go go out and make Soooooooooooooooo
much money.

Remember I want those notes…First dibes…Congulations Steve

Paris n Baton Rouge

Re: Boy, don’t I feel lazy - Posted by Tyson

Posted by Tyson on March 13, 1999 at 10:12:17:

Just got done readying all the bad things John T. Reed had to say about your course as well as others. Im new and just trying to find out whats real and not real

Re: Boy, don’t I feel lazy - Posted by Tyson

Posted by Tyson on March 13, 1999 at 10:11:16:

Just got done readying all the bad things John T. Reed had to say about your course as well as others. Im new and just trying to find out whats real and not real