a friend emailed this to me... - Posted by Marty (MO)

Posted by Marty (MO) on March 12, 2006 at 12:01:53:

thanks- I was hoping someone knew something about this!

Marty

a friend emailed this to me… - Posted by Marty (MO)

Posted by Marty (MO) on March 11, 2006 at 15:09:14:

http://www.dvorak.org/blog/?p=4241

Re: a friend emailed this to me… - Posted by Joe C. (AR)

Posted by Joe C. (AR) on March 12, 2006 at 15:25:03:

This is true. Over 10k new homes are sitting there. The problem is with state, local and FEMA regs prohibiting them from being moved into flood plain areas. There has been much news coverage of this here.

Just yesterday the Senate Minority leader and several senators were here again to politicize the situation. Apparently legislation is being introduced to circumvent the regs and allow them to be moved into intended areas. Typical buracracy. Hopefully soon resolved.

Joe C (AR)

some hype here - Posted by Dr. B (OH)

Posted by Dr. B (OH) on March 12, 2006 at 08:18:59:

Right. I saw a news special on this topic. There are about 15,000 new mobile homes ordered by FEMA standing on a huge tarmac lot (I believe an old AF base in Ark.). The claim of the homes “deteriorating” is total hype.

Apparently there are about 1500 homes not on tarmac and the tires are sinking into the mud. They’ve sunk about 3 inches so far. If that is “deteriorating” then I’d like to buy a few at wholesale prices.

Steve

Re: a friend emailed this to me… - Posted by osupsycho (OK)

Posted by osupsycho (OK) on March 12, 2006 at 19:28:38:

Well it looks like Oklahoma lawmakers are trying to get 150 of these trailers moved to Oklahoma for people who have lost their homes in the wildfires. There was a big story on the local news the other day.

Re: some hype here - Posted by Joe-Ga

Posted by Joe-Ga on March 13, 2006 at 07:12:53:

the way the govt works is… they will allow them to sit there till someone vandalizes them, and somebody in washington gets some heat off why they are there, then, they will either have an auction, or send them to Iran and Iraq to put those folks up in, Ain’t it great to have an unlimited expense account?