A list of properties with back taxes due? - Posted by DR

Posted by IB (NJ) on October 01, 2003 at 21:25:15:

Chceck with whatever gov’t authority handles property taxes in your area. Here, it’s the city that collects them. Thus I go down to the city and ask for the advertising date of the tax deliquent properties (by law they must advertise in a local paper the properties whose tax certificates will be sold at the upcoming sale). Then get down to the local library and see of you can pull the acrchived newspaper containing the advertisement (usually a public notice). Or you might get lucky and find that they have a list of properties whose taxes are deliquent.

A list of properties with back taxes due? - Posted by DR

Posted by DR on October 01, 2003 at 16:28:11:

Im fairly new to all this(great site by the way) Well…heres the question…ive seen quite a few posters here state they search through tax records and try to get a hold of prospective houses to sell through deliquent accounts…how do i go aobut this? Im located in Toronto. Thanks for your help

A list of properties with back taxes due? - Posted by Bill H

Posted by Bill H on October 03, 2003 at 14:26:32:

DR:

I.ve been buying tax liens and deeds for some time. Every state is different. You might find and old archived paper as mentioned in another post but anything left is just that “Leftover.”

Texas sells the first Tuesday of every month. I believe Iowa sells the last week of June of each year, Montana sells by assignement for delinquent taxes at any time of the year after the taxes go delinquent, California I believe sells on an annual basis, Mississippi sells on an annual basis, Florida I believe sells on an annual basis…so you see…there is not to my knowledge any state that maintains and published on a regular basis the delinquent tax sales data.

As mentioned in another post, check with the local tax collectors…some do have an “in House” list that you may be able to access to see what is coming. However; everything is subject to prior redemptions.

I buy computerized listings on the Friday before sales start on Monday and even then you find a lot that has been redeemed between Friday AM and Monday AM.

If you find a listing service or database I’d appreciate hearing about it.

Good Luck,

Bill H