A lot of equity, and desire to invest in RE - Posted by Dean

Posted by doug chase on October 01, 2003 at 20:59:37:

I have recently started out as an investor myself.
I have learned alot from a mentor & from reading.

You might want to check this site out:

classifiedclub.com/mall2/dgrealestatementoring.html

A lot of equity, and desire to invest in RE - Posted by Dean

Posted by Dean on October 01, 2003 at 19:53:52:

This may be a broad question, so I apologize in advance. I own two homes, one outright, and the other about 40% equity. My wife and I have good income, and a credit score near 800.

I’ve always had the desire to invest in RE, and want to know the best way to do so by leveraging my equity, and using little to no money of my own. I don’t mind being a landlord.

To get my feet wet, should I look to buy a multi-family dwelling, or are there other ideas for just starting out? If you can point me in the right direction, I’d appreciate it. I don’t mind doing a bunch of research, I just need some ideas given my scenario above, and the desire to make money in RE.

Thanks,
Dean

Re: A lot of equity, and desire to invest in RE - Posted by roger

Posted by roger on October 01, 2003 at 21:15:44:

check archieves at top of page inter getting started, do this before you try any mentor program most are not worth the money they ask from $2000 to $5000 , thats enough to buy a house with .william bronchick and ron starr are two of the smartest people i fine on this site and respect thier judgement greatly you might try to ask them by posting a note directed to them, i’m a carleton sheet student and that is a good program to start with ,read all you can on r,e,i.
good luck on your r,e,i,