A Mortgage Broker Recommendation - Posted by JPiper

Posted by JPiper on May 16, 2000 at 22:16:59:

Hi Jim:

Budweiser will definitely do the trick. Look forward to seeing you again.

JPiper

A Mortgage Broker Recommendation - Posted by JPiper

Posted by JPiper on May 16, 2000 at 13:06:01:

I suppose that you don?t have to be in this business too long before you realize just how important a good mortgage broker is. In my case I have consistently used mortgage brokers/loan officers to fund retail buyers over the years. And believe me when I tell you that finding a good one is at a minimum difficult. If you can get past the phone calls not returned, then what you have to deal with is a guy who may not understand his own programs, but he talks a good game only to find that when push comes to shove he can?t actually put the deal down. A long time ago I decided to make myself as expert as I could as a non-mortgage broker about financing my buyers, so that I would know when I?m being led down a ?garden path? so to speak. Therefore, when I find someone that I believe is truly good in the mortgage business, I want to share the results of my experience with others on this newsgroup.

My daughter has just closed on her first house. And like most first time buyers, she was VERY excited. And I can tell you, I was excited for her, and excited at how well the loan process went with the people I took the loan to?.Ed Garcia and Neal Johnson.

In my opinion, Ed and Neal are the consummate professionals. My understanding is that they have each been in the loan business for something like 30 years?.that?s a lot of experience. Further, Ed is an investor in his own right, so along with his outstanding understanding of the mortgage business, he brings a unique perspective to the table regarding investment deals. I am truly excited that a couple of guys who understand the issues confronting investors are now offering mortgage brokering services pretty much nationwide.

My daughter?s deal went down smoothly, just as I expected it would. Naturally there were a few glitches in the process?.ie my daughters bank drug their feet in providing a verification?that type of stuff. Nothing big, and when it occurred it was handled quickly and efficiently by Ed and Neal. The deal closed yesterday, when it was supposed to. The rate and costs were competitive.

My understanding is that Ed and Neal are now offering their services in something like 42 states. I can give an unqualified recommendation of these two guys?.and would suggest that if you don?t currently have a mortgage broker you?re content with, to check these guys out.

Now there might be some of you who are suspicious, and so I?m going to address any suspicions that may prevail. I am not paid to participate here at this site, or for my recommendations. Although I would have to say that EVEN IF I were, so what? If my recommendations are accurate and truthful then what difference would it make? But the truth is that I am not paid by the site, nor am I paid by Garcia or Johnson. Rather, I think these guys are good, they understand investor issues, and I would like to see them be successful with this venture of doing loans nationwide?..because if they?re not, then it may be that one day I won?t be able to use their services either.

Further, I like to recommend people who I know are good. In that connection I have recommended Bill Bronchick and Joe Kaiser in the past as well, along with others. I plan to continue recommending things that I like in the future where I find it to be appropriate advice.

So if I were you, I?d at least check out Garcia and Johnson in terms of their mortgage services. And by the way, if you really find anyone better, let me know?.I?ll give them a try myself.

JPiper

Re: Thank you, Mr. Piper… - Posted by Ed Garcia

Posted by Ed Garcia on May 16, 2000 at 20:33:57:

Thanks Jim for your recommendation.

I can’t tell you how much it means to me, because I know that you’re
pretty conservative when it comes to complements.

Anybody who has been around this site for a period of time knows
that you tell it like it is. I’m also aware that this is a happy moment for
you because this loan was for your daughter, and you recommended
me to her as a lender, and you didn’t want to have egg on your face.

I never expected in my wildest dreams that you would go public with
your feelings, knowing that even though you help people on a daily
basis on this site. When it comes to your own personal dealings, you’re
a very private person.

I’m disappointed that anybody could question your sincerity, integrity, or
creditability, as far as what you stand for in regards to this site.

For those of you who are passing through on this site, Jim Piper is a Land
Mark on this site. This man participates on this site at as you do, and the only
reward he gets for his generosity, is self gratification knowing that he is
helping others.

Jim, it’s because of your knowledge, and the professional way you articulate your
posts, many people think that you are a paid participant of this site.

There is nothing further from the truth.

For those of you that have been around for a while, you know better. For those of
you that are new, or just passing through, you’ll learn.

Jim, I take the complement that you have given Neal and myself, in the spirit in
which it is given. I want you to know that anyone who has participated on this
site knows who you are, and what you stand for. You’ve touched to many people’s
lives to be just be considered another source of information, including mine.

Jim, for you to take a few minutes of your time to Recommend us tells me two things.

One, you’re a CLASS ACT.

Two, boy am I glad we didn’t screw up your loan.

(( smile))

ED Garcia

States They’re Not In… - Posted by JPiper

Posted by JPiper on May 16, 2000 at 15:28:16:

I’m getting some email asking what states Garcia is in. Here’s the states he’s not in:

New Jersey
New York
North Carolina
Pennsylvania
Vermont
West Virginia
Delaware

I believe they’re in the process of getting setup for Ohio. And Georgia is one to ask Garcia about. Call Garcia if you have any questions at (909) 944-0199.

JPiper

Really! - Posted by Alfie M

Posted by Alfie M on May 16, 2000 at 14:40:18:

Talk about “Brown-Nosing”
Give me a break!

People that get paid write this stuff!

Re: A Mortgage Broker Recommendation - Posted by Tommy_FL

Posted by Tommy_FL on May 16, 2000 at 13:57:04:

Does Mr. Ed Garcia do business in FL., how can I contact him from Ft-Lauderdale, Thank you.

Re: A Mortgage Broker Recommendation - Posted by FRED

Posted by FRED on May 16, 2000 at 13:57:03:

HOW DO I GET THEIR PHONE # AND DO THE DO BUSINESS IN THE PHOENIX AZ. AREA?

Re: A Mortgage Broker Recommendation - Posted by Sheik

Posted by Sheik on May 16, 2000 at 13:24:21:

Good for you…and your daughter.

Too bad Ed does not do business in NY. :frowning:

Sheik

Mr. Garcia… - Posted by Tuan Pham

Posted by Tuan Pham on May 16, 2000 at 22:57:31:

Hi,
Wow, it looks like you’re going to get more business than from a 30 second ad televised during the Super Bowl. Would it be possible for me to call you soon to get an idea of what type of loan situations that you only will take a look at. I certainly don’t want to present scenarios that I know you will never want to touch. Do you have a checklist or some sort that I can cover each time BEFORE I present it to you. I’m sure that you and Neal are extremely busy. I’m so mad at myself for missing your last convention. I hope the next one won’t be too long around the corner.

Thanks in advance,

Tuan Pham

Can you preapprove some one out of state? - Posted by Stew (NE)

Posted by Stew (NE) on May 16, 2000 at 21:38:23:

Do you use your own title company or is it best to use a local one. I have a friend at a title company here that I would want to use.

Thanks - Posted by Jim LaVerdi

Posted by Jim LaVerdi on May 16, 2000 at 15:36:20:

Thanks for the info Jim. I have been looking and wondering who to use. You have solved my problem if he is as good as you claim. I’m certain he is if you posted it!

Thanks
Jim LaVerdi

What’s its all about?, Alfie (Sorry, Couldn’t Resist) (nt) - Posted by Stew(NE)

Posted by Stew(NE) on May 17, 2000 at 09:00:44:

Hee-HEe

Re: Get a Grip… - Posted by Ed Garcia

Posted by Ed Garcia on May 16, 2000 at 20:46:54:

Alfie;

If you would like to give me a call at (909) 944-0199 I’ll explain to
you what’s going on around here. I hate to see you continue on in
the manner that you are, and embarrass yourself.

To be honest with you, I don’t think Jim Piper would even know how
to brown nose. If you ever want to meet a free spirit, it’s Jim Piper,
he works for no one, and answers to no one.

I think the jester that you’re seeing, is one friend thanking another.

Ed Garcia

Not A Well Thought Out Post Alfie - Posted by phil fernandez

Posted by phil fernandez on May 16, 2000 at 19:53:27:

Alfie,

How long have you been on this newsgroup. What’s your point. I don’t get it. This is a creative real estate investors site.

Pretty deep well thought out post Alfie.

Re: Really! - Posted by Jim (Alaska)

Posted by Jim (Alaska) on May 16, 2000 at 16:21:20:

Whata stupid, rude, and uneducated post this is. If you had any idea what Jim or Ed was all about you would hide your head in shame.

Most people here post their sucesses and not thier blunders, I want to tell you that Jim Piper has been available to give me personal advise each and everytime I have asked and it was free of charge. Ed Garcia has kept me from making a very big blunder on a commercial deal and spent unselfish hours on the phone with me for no return what-so-ever.

So please, take your opinions and keep them off of this board, you are not welcoome here until you have an attitude adjustment.

Jim

You Better Believe It… - Posted by JPiper

Posted by JPiper on May 16, 2000 at 15:20:05:

I expected at least one guy, maybe more, to have this opinion. That’s why I devoted the latter half of my post just to this issue.

If you’re not the idiot I think you are, perhaps you’ll be interested in some logic. Garcia is now lending in a variety of states, to include mine. I think he’s good. But if his effort is not profitable, in the end it will end. How does an “ending” benefit me? So I am recommending Garcia very selfishly, in the hopes that he will be successful enough to continue providing services that I intend to use.

Brown-nose? If acting in a relatively selfish manner makes me a brown-nose…so be it. Either way though, if Garcia is as good as I claim him to be, you’ll benefit. So where’s the problem?

Paid? Well Alfie I have yet to get a check from you. And I have yet to get a check from anyone else on this site. So that leaves the owners of this site. If they paid me to put out incorrect information, you’d have a right to have a problem. So go find some information that I’ve put out that’s inaccurate. Use Garcia, see if I’m wrong in what I’ve said. Whether I’m paid or not, if the information I put out is correct you should be extremely happy with the results. But again, the truth is, I’m not paid.

If you’re the idiot I think you are, you’ll continue taking these little potshots, while the rest of us benefit from Garcia’s service.

By the way, anyone who thinks I should be paid, I’m open to either cash or a check. I won’t hold my breathe.

JPiper

Re: Really! - Posted by JB in MD

Posted by JB in MD on May 16, 2000 at 15:17:30:

Alfie M,
You are obviously either uneducated about or oblivious to the goings on here at this board. Permit me to educate you. I am not by any means one of the most knowledgeable participants here, but I have been around long enough to know the real deal when I see it. Jim Piper is one of the most forthright, upstanding and knowledgeable members of the board. Also, one of the most helpful. Just two days ago he answered a question for me. You have no business coming to this forum, which is one of community, support and FREE advice, with a questioning attitude toward one of the most valuable members of the board. You, in my opinion, have not shown the credentials required (or the class) to be putting someone else down and essentially calling them a liar in front of all of his constituents. If Jim Piper says that he is not paid to make the statements that he makes, you believe him out of respect. That’s it.

Jim,

Thank you for your contributions to this board. You are truly one of the most valuable participants on the board. I have learned a lot from you just by reading your posts. Thank you for the time you spend here, helping those of us who really appreciate your efforts. I look forward to you helping me many more times this year, and to meeting you at the next convention. Keep up the good work, and feel free to express your opinion any time, I enjoy them.

Sincerely,

Jason

(909) 944-0199 (nt) - Posted by JPiper

Posted by JPiper on May 16, 2000 at 15:01:51:

909-944-0199 (nt) - Posted by JPiper

Posted by JPiper on May 16, 2000 at 14:58:54:

You are dating yourself… - Posted by Ben (NJ)

Posted by Ben (NJ) on May 17, 2000 at 22:10:46:

as am I since I remember the song too (except I was
only about 5) Thanks for the laugh!