A prayer for B and JJ - Posted by Stacy (AZ)

Posted by Stacy (AZ) on February 21, 2000 at 22:26:12:

…and I really tried. But, your comment belittled a couple of people that occupy the same world you do. There’s probably 6 degrees of separation from you, and me, and them. I don’t accept your comment. They are neither co-dependant, nor “wackos”. I wonder why you would jump to that conclusion and post this opinion in public, without even knowing them. Allow them some dignity.

Maybe I misinterpreted you. I hope so.

Stacy

A prayer for B and JJ - Posted by Stacy (AZ)

Posted by Stacy (AZ) on February 18, 2000 at 20:53:16:

I’ve been working a pre-foreclosure for a few weeks, and it closed today. I handed the sellers a stack of $100 bills about an hour ago for their home…the deal is done. I had to give them cash because no bank will let them open a checking account.

This couple has been married for 24 years, and have raised three children…all in their 20s now. Twelve of those years were in this house.

They are the kindest people, but have had some very hard times. JJ left her husband (B) a couple of years ago, and moved to San Diego. I don’t know why, it’s none of my business, but I can empathize with the pain that must have caused. While she was gone, B somehow fell in lust with crack cocaine. I can only guess why this would happen to a man who, until then, was a hard working, blue collar, 40 year old father and husband. Maybe the loneliness had something to do with it. I wouldn’t doubt it.

JJ happened to return for a visit, to see her kids and B, about six months ago. She couldn’t understand why B was acting so strangely. Her adult children had to tell her that her husband, and their father, was addicted to crack cocaine. He was now unemployed, and going down fast.

JJ did something I’m not sure many wives would have the strength to do. You see, she still loved B very much, and couldn’t stand to see this happening to him. She called the police and had him arrested.

She told me that when she went to see him in jail the first night, he sat in his cell mumbling nonsense; a man who had hit rock bottom.

Flash-forward to today. B has gone to trial, pled guilty, and has received a sentence of one year house-arrest, followed by four years of probation. If he slips even once, he’ll go to prison for several years. He can be at any one of two places for the next year; home or work. Yes, he found work. He is starting at the bottom as a technician at a quick-lube garage. And he is a trained electrical engineer.

They have just found out how difficult it is to find an apartment to rent, when B has a felony on his record. But, they found one, and are living their tonight. They are starting a new life…JJ has decided to accept B’s offer of staying together and working on their marriage. And, as I handed JJ her money, she told me that an old friend called her out of the blue, and offered her a good job, which she’s accepted.

A toast to JJ and B. May they climb out of this hole and live a long, happy life together, and look back at this time as the fire that melded them even closer together.

Stacy

…a twist of fate… - Posted by SusanL.–FL

Posted by SusanL.–FL on February 22, 2000 at 10:11:05:

Actually, we need to read more of these types of posts—kinda like a ?reality check?. We need to be aware of what?s going on ?out there?. These people could be our next door neighbors! Unfortunately, there are far too many people these days falling to ruin (for whatever reason).

Just look at what has become of this country in the past ten years alone! …?very scary?..

AND–it can happen to anyone … in any family…

About a dozen years ago, one of my brothers got ?hooked? on some stuff. Unfortunately, he was running my Dad?s business at the time (a muli-million dollar family business)! And believe you me, I held my breath for my poor Father and all that he had worked for, for the past 40 years.

I remember playing ?I Spy?for my Dad one night and actually ?tailing? my brother to see what he was up to. Eventually, (and for whatever reason), my brother decided to straighten himself out (and the company survived and is still running strong to this day).

Last night I was reading a Parable to my young son. In essence its message was: ?Help those less fortunate than ourselves. Extend a helping hand to those in need.?

That?s what it?s all about folks?(in my humble opinion)?.

My prayers are ALSO there for this family. (May they not only survive but also continue to grow stronger together as a family unit.)

Susan

Its the heat - Posted by Potash

Posted by Potash on February 19, 2000 at 11:59:05:

Can’t say for certain that it was the heat, but that AZ heat can turn otherwise normal people into a pair of co-dependant wackos. Maybe that’s what happened to them.

Stacy-- - Posted by steph in tex

Posted by steph in tex on February 19, 2000 at 08:29:35:

I’m glad to see that I’m not the only “softy”
Thanks for the post.
These foreclosures are an “art” in just more than the deal…
we’re talking humanity here…
way to go.

steph in tex

Thanks for a post of another kind! (nt) - Posted by CarolFL

Posted by CarolFL on February 19, 2000 at 07:33:13:

I’ll add them to my prayers for tonight! nt - Posted by SCook85

Posted by SCook85 on February 19, 2000 at 01:10:04:

nt

Re: A prayer for B and JJ - Posted by Steve

Posted by Steve on February 18, 2000 at 21:39:51:

Very nice and God Bless your sensitive spirit.

Steve