ABANDON PROPERTY - Posted by M.BAILEY

Posted by George on December 13, 1999 at 22:29:34:

1. talk to the neighbors; they’ll be glad to see an eyesore removed or transformed into a livable dwelling - they want to bring up the value of their homes.

2. visit your county tax assesor; even though no one lives at the property, a tax bill is being generated on it, and the assessor’s office may have the address where the owner lives

3. leave a flyer/letter/business card at the property; you never know, they (the owner) may come back!

Just a few thoughts - maybe some of the heavy hitters can provide more info…any ideas, boys?

George

ABANDON PROPERTY - Posted by M.BAILEY

Posted by M.BAILEY on December 13, 1999 at 22:22:23:

HELLO,
CAN ANYONE TELL ME, HOW DO YOU GO ABOUT FINDING THE OWNER OF AN ABANDON PROPERTY?
THANKS AN MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

Re: ABANDON PROPERTY - Posted by george

Posted by george on December 15, 1999 at 22:42:25:

The original deed may have the names of notaries and lawyers involved. They might be able to contact the owner.

Re: ABANDON PROPERTY - Posted by chris

Posted by chris on December 14, 1999 at 02:33:53:

Your local library has a criss cross guide at the reference desk which is basically the reverse of a phone book. Every street address is listed alphabetically from lowest number to highest with the addressee next to it. Just ask the librarian they will know what you are refering to.

Another method is to send a letter with that name to the address and have return service requested written on the envelope. If the forwarding period is expired you can go to the post office and they will look up the new address for a small fee.

In my area the local tax assessor web site shows the owners name and address if you do an address search.

One last thing I can think of is to do a search through Yahoo or one of the other search engines for people locator services which will search for approx. $40 for that person using all sorts of public records.

Re: ABANDON PROPERTY - Posted by Jim Kennedy - Houston,TX

Posted by Jim Kennedy - Houston,TX on December 13, 1999 at 23:20:31:

Go to the How-To Articles section of this website.

http://www.creonline.com/articl79.htm

Ten Ways To Find Owners Of Vacant Property
by Joseph M. Kaiser

Best of Success!!

Jim Kennedy,
Houston, TX