About Moths and Cap Rates - Posted by karp

Posted by karp on May 17, 1999 at 17:00:24:

Okay a lot has been said about moths and cap rates and I just remembered why this was bugging me.

The truth about Moths

We also see Moths flying around and around a lightbulb and think “Wow, how peculiar”. What you are about to hear is the insidious sick truth.

Moths use the light from the Moon to fly in a particular direction. This is how they get from point A to point B. This is how they find food, get mates, breed and find meaning in their little moth lives.

Now, enter the lightbulb. Moths, believing they are setting a straight course, fly around and around the bulb, never questioning the fact that the view looks pretty much the same.

In their effort to get somewhere they never give up and fly and fly, faster and faster. But they keep going round and round until they die from exhasution. They never really got anywhere.

Sort of sad isn’t it? Now, I could be very clever and bring up the inordinate amount of time spent discussing cap rates and how the conversation seemed to go round and round yet nowehere…I may even be so bold as to paint a metaphor for you…

But, no, I believe I will leave that task to you , dear reader.

Thanks,

karp