**(Add'l Info) Duplex $52,500 - OFFER and DEAL Questions. - Posted by Scott

Posted by kevin OK on March 11, 1999 at 21:03:13:

Nope…they’ll eat you out of house & home!

**(Add’l Info) Duplex $52,500 - OFFER and DEAL Questions. - Posted by Scott

Posted by Scott on March 11, 1999 at 13:50:12:

What if a realtor is handling this? It’s an older gentleman, that states he’s an investor himself. How can I talk with the owner if the realtor is in between us?

Also, the realtor suggested I take a “termite letter” on the property rather than pay for a termite inspection. He also suggested I have a clause in the contract about the plumbing or electrical system on each property that I buy.

Thanks for the input so far…

Scott

Re: **(Add’l Info) Duplex $52,500 - OFFER and DEAL Questions. - Posted by Redline

Posted by Redline on March 11, 1999 at 14:04:44:

I can tell you the realtor will probably hinder your ability to deal with the seller. That’s why alot of investors avoid realtors altogether.

Just jump in your car and go over there if you want to talk to the seller. What can the realtor do about it? That’s what I would do (but I can’t because I’m also a realtor).

As far as termites, I don’t know what a “termite letter” is but last time I checked termites couldn’t write. Get the inspection. It’s cheap.

As far as plumbing, etc … your contract should (and certainly standard ones do) have a provision in there for inspecting the major items.

RL

Re: **Termites couldn’t write. - Posted by Charles-DFW

Posted by Charles-DFW on March 11, 1999 at 18:46:54:

And if Termites could write - could you trust them!!!