Admit it, you were just a wee bit jealous... - Posted by Ben (NJ)

Posted by JD on April 14, 2000 at 12:38:08:

The only days I follow the market is when it is down significantlly. A down market is much more interesting to watch than an up market.

Admit it, you were just a wee bit jealous… - Posted by Ben (NJ)

Posted by Ben (NJ) on April 14, 2000 at 12:04:07:

about those quintupling tech stocks when you were making
a conservative, solid return in RE but nowhere near those overnight e-trillionaires. Now the tables have turned. My tax lien portfolio earns a solid and very low risk 18% which last month sounded like peanuts but which those big swinging you know whats would kill for today.

Re: Admit it, you were just a wee bit jealous… - Posted by Warner(ATL)

Posted by Warner(ATL) on April 14, 2000 at 21:34:11:

In my former life I was an equity analyst on Wall Street. Days like we had today would give me a stomach ache. Now, for some strange reason, I am throughly enjoying this “correction”. I personally hope interest rates rise another two points or so…motivated sellers and buyers will be a little easier to find.

Re: Admit it, you were just a wee bit jealous… - Posted by Rob FL

Posted by Rob FL on April 14, 2000 at 16:14:10:

Stocks have their highs and lows. Just like RE you have to have a strategy and not pay Russian Roulette. Not to brag, but I made over $1300 in the stock market in the last 3 weeks. It’s not luck, just a strong solid strategy to accumulate wealth. Not too bad a hit today. Maybe about $300 down, but no sweat. I don’t speculate. Just like RE, remember “buy low and sell high and no war zones.” (I guess that is part of the problem most people buy high and sell low, partly because they speculated on a potential war zone–risky stock)

RE has its highs and lows as well. Interests rates have reduced refi’s by 40%+ in the last 12 months around here. But they also increase the foreclosure houses available. Also, those interest rates turn would-be homeowners into renters and lease-optionees.

Regardless of what market you are dealing in be it stocks, bonds, or RE, the deals are available if you know where to look. Just don’t gamble. Educate yourself, do your homework, line up your ducks, and then dive in.