"Adopt a Median" instead of Bandit Signs - Posted by osirus

Posted by Geoffrey Faivre-Malloy on December 20, 2000 at 08:18:53:

Let us know what you find out please! This sounds like an excellent idea!

G-Man

“Adopt a Median” instead of Bandit Signs - Posted by osirus

Posted by osirus on December 20, 2000 at 06:37:58:

I went to the code enforcement office, yesterday, to discuss the policy about placing bandit signs around town. The powers that be, told me that bandit signs are not allowed and would be taken down. I then inquired about the signs that say something like “This Median is Maintained by [such and such company]” placed in the medians of some high traffic roads around town. As it turns out, there is a local branch of the “Keep America Beautiful” Organization which implements the “Adopt a Median” program among others. Basically, you agree to maitain a stretch of median and they allow you to place a sign on that median indicating that you are responsible for its care.

My plan is to “adopt” choice high traffic median areas and place and my “I buy houses” bandit sign along with my phone number. Of course I need to get details to see if this can be done as I envsion it. But this potentially can be a legitimate way to place bandit signs. Plus there is a tax right off and the self satisfaction of keeping my community more beautiful.