AGAINST JUDGEMENT IN PA - Posted by KATHY

Posted by KATHY on March 08, 2002 at 16:30:35:

MR. BRONCHICK,

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR VIEW OF THIS SITUATION. YOUR ADVICE IS GREATLY APPRECIATED. THIS IS A WONDERFUL FORUM. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK !!

KATHY

AGAINST JUDGEMENT IN PA - Posted by KATHY

Posted by KATHY on March 06, 2002 at 12:08:18:

This question is for Mr Bronchick.
Mr Bronchick, My niece who I’am trying to help is in the process of trying to remove a judgement that was leveled against her from a landlord that she once rented from. She was evicted from the apartment at which time she was 1 month behind on the rent. The Landlord proceeded to take her to court for the eviction, which in turn the Landlord kept her original first months rent and security, which totaled $1100.00. He stated that the only thing that was wrong with the apartment was that the living room carpet had to be replaced. Recently, We have obtained her credit report only to discover that the Landlord filed a judgement against her. She was not aware of this judgement. She was never notified of any court dates or any type of paperwork, nor was she sent any kind of invoice for any other monies she might owe the Landlord ex… any expense over and above her escrow. We have submitted a dispute into the credit reporting agency, but it is to soon for a re-verification of the information. My question is would filing a motion to vacate be feasible and if so would going through an attorney be the best way to go? considering, that to me it seems to be very complicating procedure to do along.
also, there are more details to her story under this Landlord, were she had to contact an attorney while living at the residence to keep him out of her apartment.

Re: AGAINST JUDGEMENT IN PA - Posted by William Bronchick

Posted by William Bronchick on March 07, 2002 at 17:22:30:

If she was not served properly with the summons for the court proceeding, you can motion the court to vacate the judgment. You need to find out the court where the case was filed and the docket# and go to the civil clerk’s office and pull a copy of the file. The affidavit of the process server will be in the file. If your daughter was not served with the papers properly (happens about half the time), you can ask the court to set aside the judgment. Ask the civil court clerk for help.