Aid to understanding escrow. - Posted by Brent_IL

Posted by mo on August 23, 2003 at 21:54:34:

Really, I swear there weren’t any for sale yesterday!! At least not for $15!. I apologize for taking up space and time with my oversight, but thanks for the info - I’ve gone ahead and ordered the updated version.

Aid to understanding escrow. - Posted by Brent_IL

Posted by Brent_IL on August 21, 2003 at 22:17:59:

This morning, as I was wandering around the law library, I marveled at how the section containing NOLO Press books, and Do-it-yourself legal books had grown. I came across, “All About Escrow, Or, How to Buy the Brooklyn Bridge and Have the Last Laugh,” by Sandy Gadow. Ms. Gadow is a long-time escrow officer. Leigh Robinson of ?Landlording? fame edited the book.

This is the best book on taking a purchase and sale through closing that I have ever seen. It’s in its fifth, or sixth printing, so I might be the only investor who hasn’t read this tome, but it was new to me.

I thought I’d mention it because there have been recent posts asking about the escrow process. I was genuinely impressed by the quality of this book.

Got it FREE at the Library… - Posted by Randy

Posted by Randy on August 23, 2003 at 10:29:52:

Just picked it up (Hard Cover addition) at the library if I lose it…a whopping $13.82 GO FIGURE

Here is a a Link - Posted by Larry

Posted by Larry on August 23, 2003 at 01:47:18:

http://www.hsh.com/pamphlets/gadow.html

-Larry

Re: Aid to understanding escrow. - Posted by mo

Posted by mo on August 22, 2003 at 21:47:23:

Sounds like a great book, thanks for the reference. I searched the internet and it seems that because it is out of print it is selling for approximately $200. If anyone knows where to get it for less, other than the library!, please let me know. Thanks.

Re: Aid to understanding escrow. - Posted by Kristine-CA

Posted by Kristine-CA on August 22, 2003 at 11:30:23:

Brent: I would have loved reading such a book before my first couple of deals. I’m still learning the escrow (and title insurance) process the hard way. Because I work with title challenged properties, good escrow and title people are crucial. But I didn’t know enough about the process to know what I was looking for. It’s still a challenge.

Looking forward to checking out the book. Thank you for posting the info. Sincerely, Kristine

That was out-of-print hardcover. - Posted by Brent_IL

Posted by Brent_IL on August 22, 2003 at 23:23:01:

I searched on Amazon, too. That one threw me until I saw that the paperbacks were $15.

Wish I read it earlier, too. - NTXT - Posted by Brent_IL

Posted by Brent_IL on August 22, 2003 at 12:34:24: