Alexis McGee & foreclosures.com - Posted by Apollo

Posted by Mark (SDCA) on May 05, 2006 at 08:37:34:

Apples and oranges. A lot of people go to college only to get “the degree” eg how do you apply to law school or med school if you “learned it on your own”? Also, many jobs now eg engineering, computer jobs require a degree no matter how self taught you are.

I agree with the original poster. For me, the one exception would be someone who has self-analyzed that they are such a procrastinator that there is no way they will do ANYTHING on their own without the hand holding.

Alexis McGee & foreclosures.com - Posted by Apollo

Posted by Apollo on May 03, 2006 at 22:40:23:

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone could give me an idea as to the cost of the 3-day lab that Alexis McGee does at her office? I’m about to purchase her foreclosure program, and I think the lab would be an excellent follow-up. Based on all of my research on Ms. McGee, she appears to be legitimate and very knowledgeable. I would appreciate any help and insight that anyone is able to provide. Thanks.

Apollo

Re: Alexis McGee & foreclosures.com - Posted by D-OC

Posted by D-OC on May 05, 2006 at 23:43:27:

Anyone interested in a cheap foreclosures.com course should check out
my ebay auction. Just search Alexis Mcgee.

Re: HIghly anecdotal - Posted by Jim V

Posted by Jim V on May 05, 2006 at 01:39:24:

I engaged in an email conversation several years ago with someone who had taken Alexis’ course. You’d suppose that a person having completed her course would have some basic knowledge of foreclosure processes when they’re done. I was pretty much amazed by how little the person I was mailing with knew about foreclosure and how it might apply to their desire to invest. I can’t say whether the information is faulty, or the person I mailed with just couldn’t “get it”, but that’s always stayed in the back of my mind.

Re: Alexis McGee & foreclosures.com - Posted by Jack

Posted by Jack on May 04, 2006 at 16:31:27:

It’s your $6k, but it is difficult for me to understand why anyone would pay that amount to learn anything about R.E. from anyone, when there is so much free available on this site, in books, in the library and REIA’s. I would definitely recommend using the $6k to do deals. It would seem to me that you would be much better off. Is that logical?

Re: Alexis McGee & foreclosures.com - Posted by M.osterman

Posted by M.osterman on May 04, 2006 at 24:19:48:

Six Grand. From what I hear she’s really good. My hesitation was that you’ll be trained along 10 other folks. I took Ward Hannigan’s course over at foreclosureforum.com his is less, and it’s one on one.

Re: Alexis McGee & foreclosures.com - Posted by Todd-Ohio

Posted by Todd-Ohio on May 05, 2006 at 13:23:41:

Most successful, full-time investors that I know, are the people that spent the MOST money on their education… and continue to do so.

There is also another group of successful investors that would never go to a seminar, and would never go to a REIA meeting.

Both groups are “right”, for their own personality and desires.

Speaking as a member of the first group: Once you get rich, the $6k you spent getting educated on the way to wealth becomes totally insignificant.

Having said that, I can’t personally endorse Alexis McGee because I haven’t taken her course.

Re: Alexis McGee & foreclosures.com - Posted by Apollo

Posted by Apollo on May 05, 2006 at 08:22:29:

Jack,

I hear you, and I definitely think 6k is alot of money to spend. Especially if you’re not certain what you’ll be getting in return.

The only thing that I would say to counter your opinion is that hands-on, specialized, classroom training is a great way to learn. Why do you think people bother going to college? We could probably search the internet, read books and go to the library instead. But in the end, who would be the most educated? And who would reach that level the fastest?

Not trying to argue, just playing devil’s advocate I guess.

Apollo

Re: Alexis McGee & foreclosures.com - Posted by Apollo

Posted by Apollo on May 04, 2006 at 09:03:16:

Wow! Six grand? That’s pretty pricey. Like I said, I’ve done some research, and I haven’t heard even one person say anything negative about her. It also seems that anyone that attends her lab, comes away ready to do deals. Maybe she’s worth the 6k.

It would be great to hear from other on this topic. I’m not familiar with Ward Hannigan, so maybe I’ll go check his sight out too. Anyone have any input on him?