"American Dream" - Posted by ANne-ND

Posted by SueC on March 26, 2001 at 08:24:54:

Anne, you’re so right, I find that it’s hard to even TALK to people sometimes - we just got a bunch of resumes for summer law clerks, and it was just a little depressing to see that so many people think of being a lawyer as a ticket to a higher income - but they’ll still be in the “E” quadrant…

Look forward to seeing you this week!

Sue Caskey

“American Dream” - Posted by ANne-ND

Posted by ANne-ND on March 25, 2001 at 13:31:48:

Hey All,

Friday night I saw a documentary called “American Dream” by the award-winning film-maker Barbara Kopple. It’s about the strike by the Hormel meat packer’s union in Minnesota back in the late 1980s. It was a really interesting look at the relationship between labor and management, as well as the politics between local labor unions and the national labor organization. The story was very affecting, particularly since the striking workers were just asking to maintain their current wages (management wanted to cut them from $10.69 to $8.25/hr). The local union was eventually abandoned by their national leaders and was smashed by Hormel.

What I took away from the film was the overwhelming ‘employee’ mentality of EVERYONE in the film, both labor AND management; as well as an awareness of how much my own thinking has changed through reading Kiyosaki and finding CREOnline 19 months ago. Mindset is so important in this endeavor. I’m still an employee, but every day I strive to act and think like an investor. As Kiyosaki says, “Be, Do, Have”.

Good luck to you all today, see you on Thursday.

Anne