An Agent's obligations in CA? - Posted by Chris

Posted by John Merchant on August 14, 2003 at 05:12:51:

If your agent’s a RE agent, she had a legal obligation, under CA law, to present it immediately; no discretion for RE agent in delaying, or right to prioritize offers.

Is she RE agent? Many of our in-park “agents” are NOT RE agents, and maybe under NO legal obligation.

If she is RE, then you should immediatly complain to her broker and also the CA RE Commission.

If she isn’t, then you should check and see if CA licenses such non-RE agents, and if so, determine if she violated her license.

An Agent’s obligations in CA? - Posted by Chris

Posted by Chris on August 13, 2003 at 20:41:18:

Hi,

I found a great mobile home on Friday. I called the listing agent and have her prepare the contract. As she would become my agent, too, I even discussed how much to offer. This Sat. morning, I signed the contract and left my deposit to start escrow with. (The deal had fallen 5 times out of escrow, but I convinced her that I could and would pay cash).

Today, I got her call - "another (obviously higher) offer. ** A l l she had to do is inform the chapter 7 attorney of my offer and await his decision. Her excuse: she wasn’t called back, needed the fax number. ** Come on!

I’m incandescent with fury. Any comments?

Chris in Joshua Tree, 760 362 4704