anchor placement - Posted by Bob (ny)

Posted by Bruce on May 27, 2005 at 20:24:59:

I believe that is correct tie downs on the outsides only. There has to be piers down the center in Pa. dor DW homes. I am not sure of NY regulations. We put the center piers in a staggered pattern. So much depends on the inspector so I would say if you are concerned contect the building code inspector and save yourself the guesswork. They will tell you what will pass. Good luck.

anchor placement - Posted by Bob (ny)

Posted by Bob (ny) on May 27, 2005 at 20:15:55:

My question is in regards to placing the anchors on a double wide home, I live in upstate New York, I am purchasing a 28 by 80 double wide, the park that I?m putting the home in is getting ready to pour the pad, the maintenance man for the park was told that they only put the anchors on the outside edge of the home. I can see doing this on a single wide, but this home is a double wide, what do they do for the middle beans? The dealer says they don?t do anything with the middle beams, but I find that hard to believe. Whatever help I can get on this situation would be greatly appreciated, I want to make sure the home is set up properly, and that the park properly puts the anchors in the pad when they pour it.

Re: anchor placement - Posted by Lyal

Posted by Lyal on May 28, 2005 at 07:57:29:

Bob,
The centers of the home are bolted together making it one unit. No anchors necessary in the middle.
Lyal