Another 'monkey wrench' thrown into the works! - Posted by SusanL.--FL

Posted by SusanL.–FL on February 09, 2001 at 09:50:02:

…of having to pick out TWO baby’s names! One is hard enuf!

CUTE story! :slight_smile:

Thanx!!

Susan

Another ‘monkey wrench’ thrown into the works! - Posted by SusanL.–FL

Posted by SusanL.–FL on February 08, 2001 at 14:54:46:

Brother…WHAT next???

My people were scheduled to meet with my mortgage broker today (in order to cash me out) and we just got word that her appendix ruptured and THEN she had a heart attack!

Might as well bend over and kiss my butt goodbye (at this point).

:frowning:

Re: Another ‘monkey wrench’ thrown into the works! - Posted by Mark

Posted by Mark on February 10, 2001 at 21:34:00:

Susan Hang in there,want to trade people ? Mine died before he signed the deed !
Its gota get better right?
Mark (WV)

Thanx 4 your kinds words everybody. - Posted by SusanL.–FL

Posted by SusanL.–FL on February 09, 2001 at 09:33:22:

If it hadn?t been for many of you in CRE, I wouldn?t have made it these past couple of $troubled years.

I?ll get through this, one way or another! Whatever does happen, I told Kenny we?ll just pick up the pieces and get ON with our lives.

Believe it or not, I?ve still been able to smile (through this stressful $mess).

I wanted to share a little story about
Dorothy Odom, my mortgage broker.

Back in the 60?s her doctor/husband divorced her and left her broke. At the time she was also caring for her son who was dying of cancer. The husband DID have the medication that the child needed?-but refused to give it to him. He died.

As a broke and divorced Mother in the 60?s, she encountered the very same problems of trying to get credit from a bank and trying to get her feet on the ground again.

She realized that there were MANY people out there struggling financially because of personal problems. Once she became a mortgage broker, she decided right then and there that the ?challenge cases? were the ONLY ones that she would take from then on.

When she takes on a client, she doesn?t QUIT till she finds them a mortgage. She taught me a LOT that day?the day she told me her story.

I have the GREATEST respect and admiration for this woman?.and I pray that she gets through her medical ordeal.

P.S.

Believe it or NOT, my BANKER (Wash. Mutual) was the one who referred me to her several years ago (when I was trying to do a ?creative deal?). He couldn?t help me but he knew that SHE could. I?ve stuck with her every since.

If my ?$boat? comes in in time, I hope to make it to the convention?with Kenny Rae in tow!! :slight_smile:

Two pregnant Wives - Posted by Ted Bowen(OK)

Posted by Ted Bowen(OK) on February 09, 2001 at 09:13:48:

It will work out all right.

About 10 years ago I got laid off from my JOB, I had two house payments, a wife expecting a baby, young and no saved money. Needless to say I was pretty worried and down in the dumps about it. I happen to be teaching a Saturday computer class at the local junior college and was telling them of my woes and one old guy in the back said “IT COULD BE WORSE, YOU COULD HAVE TWO PREGNANT WIVES AND ONE HOUSE PAYMENT” After that I felt better and everything worked out great.

Good luck to you.

Re: Another ‘monkey wrench’ thrown into the works! - Posted by Steve (OH)

Posted by Steve (OH) on February 09, 2001 at 08:23:45:

Joe brings up a good point. We should keep things in perspective and remember how fortunate we are to be able have the knowledge (and sometimes the $$) to be investing. I would take a “NO” to a refi-cash out any day over a heart attack! (I had an appendectomy last year and that was no carnival either!).

Good luck…things will work out 99.999% of the time they do!

Steve

It could be worse . . . - Posted by JoeKaiser

Posted by JoeKaiser on February 08, 2001 at 20:51:44:

The roles could be reversed, and compared to a heart attack, a couple of unsold houses is a walk in the park.

Last month I had 4 vacant houses and lease optioned 3 of them out on the same day. I was looking at those February payments thinking those would all be coming out of my pocket, and then in one afternoon all my troubles went away.

Step back from the situation. Take a long hard look at what you’ve got and figure out your options. You may discover things you missed the first time through.

If all else fails . . . give me a call and I’ll be happy to brainstorm a bit with you.

Joe

It could be worse . . . - Posted by JoeKaiser

Posted by JoeKaiser on February 08, 2001 at 20:24:38:

The roles could be reversed, and compared to a heart attack, a couple of unsold houses is a walk in the park.

Last month I had 4 vacant houses and lease optioned 3 of them out on the same day. I was looking at those February payments thinking those would all be coming out of my pocket, and then in one afternoon all my troubles went away.

Step back from the situation. Take a long hard look at what you’ve got and figure out your options. You may discover things you missed the first time through.

If all else fails . . . give me a call and I’ll be happy to brainstorm a bit with you.

Joe

Re: Another ‘monkey wrench’ thrown into the works! - Posted by Bob (Md)

Posted by Bob (Md) on February 08, 2001 at 19:52:59:

Sometimes the light at the end of the tunnel is a train…but usually, it’s just the end of the tunnel ;-). Good luck.

Re: Another ‘monkey wrench’ thrown into the works! - Posted by evelyn

Posted by evelyn on February 08, 2001 at 18:54:23:

oh, ye of LITTLE faith!?

evelyn

Re: Two pregnant Wives - Posted by Shenesa

Posted by Shenesa on February 09, 2001 at 11:23:12:

IMAGINE THAT!!!

Sometimes if we sit down and analyze our bad situation long enough, we will see that it could be worse. Some people situations are a whole lot worse than ours.

Shenesa