Another Ron Legrand Question - Posted by Paul_Pa

Posted by Paul_Pa on March 22, 2001 at 12:29:23:

Thanks again Troy. I haven’t even begun yet. I am just in the initial stages of educating myself. I’m going to sign up for the Legrand wholesale/retail boot camp but that’s not until August in Philadelphia. Once I register, they will send me the course and I can study and hopefully learn it. I found this site by accident but it is a great place to learn. Thanks again.

Paul

Another Ron Legrand Question - Posted by Paul_Pa

Posted by Paul_Pa on March 21, 2001 at 05:08:09:

Has anyone been to a Ron Legrand boot camp? Everything I read about his courses is positive so I was wondering about his boot camps. I am considering doing one this summer. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Another Ron Legrand Question - Posted by Bob Taylor

Posted by Bob Taylor on March 21, 2001 at 09:49:06:

Paul:

If you are really sincere about R E I (and,you evidently are, or, you wouldn’t be spending the kind of money required to attend a Boot Camp), you have just gone to the next level.

I have attended several B C of Legrands,and, I promise you, my life has not been the same since. However, I must say this: THe B C only teaches you what to do, you have to put forth the effort to DO what you learned to do.

My income has gotten to where I wanted it to be (low 6 figures), but, that is nothing near my potential. I am working on that this year.

You have just taken a HUGE step. Don’t look back.

Good luck, and, good buying/selling,
Bob Taylor…Alabama

Re: Another Ron Legrand Question - Posted by Troy W. (NC)

Posted by Troy W. (NC) on March 21, 2001 at 07:53:35:

I’m heading to my first one (MOS bootcamp) June 20-24 in Atlanta. I have heard alot about the bootcamps and I am excited to go to this one. Plus you can repeat a bootcamp for free within a year from attending. So I will also be attending the one in Jacksonville in December. So I will let you know.

Troy

Re: Another Ron Legrand Question - Posted by Paul_Pa

Posted by Paul_Pa on March 21, 2001 at 12:35:48:

Thanks Troy and Bob, I did make one mistake. I signed up for a Russ Whitney boot camp. I tried to get out of it but did not make it within the 3 days they give you. I feel like a fool because I now know he is a sham. Lesson number one. Thanks again.

Re: Another Ron Legrand Question - Posted by George

Posted by George on March 21, 2001 at 16:46:49:

Just go!!

You still will learn enough information to make money…and then you will have more to attend other seminars or boot camps

Posted by Troy W. (NC) on March 21, 2001 at 12:56:18:

Well, Paul since you signed up at least go ahead and go to the camp. You will probably get some kind of info out of it. Take only what you will think is helpful and discard the rest.

Also got my first house under contract through wholesale, hopefully will have a buyer by next week. Follow Ron’s steps exactly and it is working. You just gotta keep making offers and keep listening to those tapes, you will hear something different everytime

Troy

Re: Another Ron Legrand Question - Posted by Paul_Pa

Posted by Paul_Pa on March 22, 2001 at 05:17:17:

Troy, good luck with your house. I don’t mean to keep asking a lot of questions but when you wholesale, are you getting the house under contract with no money and then making the close long enough away so you can find a buyer and then just using his money to pay your seller and take your profit? Also, I have been reading about these houses wholesaling for $25,000 or $30,000. In my area houses in that price range are in “war zones.” I wouldn’t go near them. Are there investors to buy houses that wholesale in the $50,000 price range? What did you offer on your house, if you don’t mind me asking. I appreciate your responses, thanks.

Paul

Posted by Troy W. (NC) on March 22, 2001 at 11:47:20:

Paul, yes I got the house under contract had to pay a earnest money fee of $500. I bought the house through a foreclosure from the MLS @28,317. Wanting to sell at 38,000. House is worth about 68,000. Get a buyer to pay my asking price and push as much closing costs as I can to my buyer and i keep the rest. Getting at least a 30-45 days before I have to go to closing which gives me enough time to find a buyer or money from a hard money lender if I can’t get a buyer by that time

What you need to do is find houses that are in areas where people would want to live and get them at a discount. Yes there are wholesale deals for 50,000 and up, but you just have to find them. That is when you need to find some realtors who can help you.

Just don’t give up trying

Troy