Answers? - Posted by JoeS

Posted by Ben (NJ) on February 17, 2002 at 17:30:26:

what if this were a “medical advice” forum?
If you had a health problem, would you want every Tom, Dick and Harry piping in with their own medical wives’ tales and “my ex brother-in-law had the same problem” type of panaceas? I know I wouldn’t. I’m glad someone is keeping the standards high around here.

Answers? - Posted by JoeS

Posted by JoeS on February 17, 2002 at 06:56:23:

I realize everyone is busy, but it does seem that since the strictly enforced ban on non-attorneys giving answers, there have been a lot of questions going unanswered. I am not saying this to slam this site or anyone…this is still the best REI site out there. Is there any way around this? I know you want to avoid wrong info being given out.

Re: Answers? - Posted by J.P. Vaughan

Posted by J.P. Vaughan on February 17, 2002 at 13:49:52:

You gotta be kidding. Both Bill and John were out of pocket for a couple of days. In the past TWO DAYS, I count 16 posts by Bronchick and 13 by Hyre.

Many posts here go unanswered because they request “specific” legal advice about a particular situation. As stated above, this is a forum for GENERAL legal questions.

Would you rather have posts answered by non-lawyers, or even self-admitted “newbies,” who don’t know what they’re talking about? That is just not going to happen here, Joe. Period. I have made this so clear, I can’t believe someone would even re-raise this issue.

Neither Bill nor John is paid for hosting this forum and, the last I checked, no one here is paying anything for this service.

Re: Answers? - Posted by JoeS

Posted by JoeS on February 18, 2002 at 20:59:18:

Sorry for my curt remarks…I had an extremely frustrating day! I am grateful for this site as it gives me the avenue for both learning and helping new investors. It is real hard for me not to answer a question when I KNOW the answer!!! But, I will refrain and answer on the other legs of this site. Again, sorry!