Any Attorneys in Houston? Help w/contractor! - Posted by Alan HOUTEX

Posted by Alan HOUTEX on May 08, 2000 at 21:42:25:

Any Attorneys in Houston? Help w/contractor! - Posted by Alan HOUTEX

Posted by Alan HOUTEX on May 07, 2000 at 12:12:15:

Here’s the facts. In my personal residence, my wife and I have had major rehab done. New Paint throughout, updated kitchen and all 3.5 baths redone. A five month project. (We still have not moved in yet). For the last step, we had the terra cotta tiles stripped and resealed by a floor contractor.

His crew taped all the newly painted baseboard and proceeded to hand strip and reseal the floors. Contractor called and told my wife the floors look beautiful and when can he get the last half of his money. When she arrived at the house to inspect the job she became ill. The paint on every baseboard in the house had been ruined. The paint had peeled and/or bubbled every few feet, over 30% of the linear feet. We had our painting contractor in and he stated that the base boards needed to be completely sanded and repainted by hand. As they would be unable to tape the floor without ruining the new finish. His estimate equals the amount due the floor contractor.

The floor contractor has offered to have his people touch up the baseboards. I want this done the proper way the first time. I do not want his people to touch up. The floor contractor has threaten a Mechanic Lien tomorrow. And to have some “friends” come buy to collect.

What are my options? What right do I have to demand the repairs be made to my specifications? What recourse do I have?

I know the should haves. It to late for those. I am in Houston, TX . Any one in RICH know a good attorney to discuss my options.

Re: Any Attorneys in Houston? Help w/contractor! - Posted by Jim Kennedy - Houston, TX

Posted by Jim Kennedy - Houston, TX on May 07, 2000 at 14:25:23:

Alan,

Contact James Robert Smith, who is not only the president of RICH, but also an attorney who specializes in real estate law. His phone number is 713-297-8828.

Best of Success!!

Jim Kennedy,
Houston, TX