Any luck with auto notes? - Posted by Jason

Posted by Paul Anthony on September 25, 2000 at 18:25:26:

I have a Auto note portfolio for sale now,1,200,000.00 any information on who might buy it would be greatly appreciated. How do you like the Realestate note business?

Any luck with auto notes? - Posted by Jason

Posted by Jason on December 08, 1999 at 17:34:44:

Has anybody had any luck buying auto notes? Or is it too risky, being that cars depreciate in value so quickly?

Thanks

Re: Any luck with auto notes? - Posted by Bud Branstetter

Posted by Bud Branstetter on December 10, 1999 at 12:16:17:

At the 1998 Noteworthy convention I attended a roundtable discussion on auto notes. The individual that was doing it had started by dealing with a local used car dealer that would give him recourse. He only bought those notes that he personally verified employment and residence. The more stable the better. He had trouble when he started dealing with other vendors. The old story of finding the car sitting on the back of the lot and the buyer no longer around. He now has a multi million credit line to finance cars. Bottom line-private money, only in your area, verify and be cautious.

Re: Any luck with auto notes? - Posted by William, Columbus, OH

Posted by William, Columbus, OH on December 08, 1999 at 21:16:00:

Jason: Every attempt I made to broker portfolios of auto notes fell through. There are people who say they will buy portfolios but somehow the ones I submit are never acceptable. I quit trying because real estate notes are more productive for me. If you succeed pleas post it for everyone’s benefit. May you be happy & well.